First plea deal offered...

Old 09-25-2015, 09:43 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks firebolt, I needed that
Old 09-26-2015, 07:01 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

How did it go calling about changing the restraining order? I think that's a great idea. After what he did, you and your daughter deserve some time to heal in peace.
Old 09-26-2015, 07:43 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I guess I'm perplexed as to why you are allowing him to even call your daughter? If he's in jail it's even a collect call, right?
Old 09-26-2015, 02:52 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I didn't get a chance to call on Friday (had to deal with getting paperwork for son's therapy) but I will be calling on Monday.

Refiner-I don't have a choice in letting him call. When we went to court for the restraining order the judge granted him 50/50 custody, and phone calls from jail (this was prior to all of the charges). I asked the judge how much I was expected to put on the phone for collect calls and the judge said that was up to me. I put 25.00 (least amount allowed) for pre-paid collect calls twice per month. That gives him about 10-12 phone calls per month. Since it was decided that I had to by the judge, I have to. Right now I can't have it appear as if I am keeping him from speaking with his daughter until I can get things changed.
Old 09-26-2015, 03:39 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hexx View Post
Refiner-I don't have a choice in letting him call. When we went to court for the restraining order the judge granted him 50/50 custody, and phone calls from jail (this was prior to all of the charges). I asked the judge how much I was expected to put on the phone for collect calls and the judge said that was up to me. I put 25.00 (least amount allowed) for pre-paid collect calls twice per month. That gives him about 10-12 phone calls per month. Since it was decided that I had to by the judge, I have to. Right now I can't have it appear as if I am keeping him from speaking with his daughter until I can get things changed.
That is such a crock of ****!!!! Sorry you and your DD have to endure the manipulation and entitlement of this monster. Hopefully you'll be free for AT LEAST 20 YEARS SOON!!
Old 09-26-2015, 05:05 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Refiner View Post
That is such a crock of ****!!!! Sorry you and your DD have to endure the manipulation and entitlement of this monster. Hopefully you'll be free for AT LEAST 20 YEARS SOON!!
Thank you. When I went in for the original restraining order I asked for 0 contact with any of us. But, my AH was only charged with Assault w/a deadly weapon (felony), battery (misdemeanor), and resisting arrest (also misdemeanor) at that point. I guess that still wasn't enough for the judge decide that he was an unfit parent.

He now also has a charge of child abuse, false imprisonment, and second battery which are all felony charges. I am hoping that will weight in my favor to get things back a little more under my control.

Luckily my son is 19 and from a previous marriage so I only have one child that he has any claim to that I have to try to protect from his manipulation.