He has me off balanced again

Old 09-10-2015, 07:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

He has me off balanced again

Even thought STBXAH has moved out, he still has managed to have me question things. I put my expensive camera in my car so it would not go with him when he moved. Well it was there last I knew.

Yesterday the cable guy came and packed up AH's cable boxes that he had to send back and gave me new. I was sending them to AH through son.

Well I had son over for diner (also I have been working a lot) last night and in the middle of dinner son had to see the neighbor who he works for and went over there. And in comes ah and my daughter. He wanted to take his cable boxes almost insisted on taking the wireless receiver and a wireless box which I just got which I said no. Well this morning I realized my camera was not in the car. So I think did I take it in and I said no because he still has access to the house. So tonight I'm looking around and can't find it.

So here is my problem did he take it? He had keys to that car. Or did I not lock it somewhere/or when? I'm pretty sure it was there last night when I got home(95% sure) but I was rushed to get home and cook dinner.

I hate this he does just enought stuff that keeps be guessing and again his word against mine.

UGGG!!!!!!

Old 09-10-2015, 07:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Have you talked to your lawyer about an order keeping him out of the house?
Old 09-10-2015, 08:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Several times but since he owns 1/2 of it I can't keep him out .
Old 09-10-2015, 09:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Cricket, I think it's time to ask for an order to keep him out. Is it worth asking your daughter if she's seen Mum's camera?
Your lawyer might want to send him a letter asking for it's return. That will keep it on file.
Old 09-10-2015, 10:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well my issue is the 98% of being sure. He's snagged/ moves things just enought that I don't know if it's him or me misplacing it. You know how you walk in your house set something down and don't really think about it because your headed to do something like put a gallon of milk in the fridge and you get picking up, take a phone call etc. and don't get back to it until you need it and it's not were you thought you put it. All leget memory issues until you put a gas lighter in there and you never know if it's you or did he...... Makes you doubt yourself
Old 09-10-2015, 10:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Cricket.....how frustrating this guy is! You must feel like he plays "cat and mouse" with you".
In the same vein that the others have suggested....I really do agree that, for your own sake, you need MUCH stronger boundaries for your protection or your rights......as much as the law allows. Do what you have to do. If it means that you have to have your lawyer on speed dial, so be it.
He pulls his crap because he Can and because he is "krazy".
I keep saying that you should be growing a thick rhino skin. How do I know? Because I have dealt with such a person during my divorce, many years ago--with a narcissistic person who was so angry and wanted to "ruin" me.
With this sort of person, one has to be tough, calm, firm....and, never...NEVER...try to be the nice guy. You will not get any stars for it..
Never let him see you cry, either.

One has to shed the "victim" image. Yes, he might be trying to make you his victim....but that is his problem---start thinking of yourself as a SURVIVOR.

First thing....make a formal request that your camera be returned. don't ask him i f he took it.....You know he did. Demand, thru legal means that it be returned.
Stop asking and start telling.

There needs to be a new sheriff in town.

dandylion
Old 09-11-2015, 04:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Regardless of ownership, courts can and often do order, on an interim basis, one party to have possession of the marital home and the other party has to stay out. Has your lawyer filed a motion for that? It's pretty routine, as far as I know. This could go on indefinitely. You need some peace in your life.
Old 09-11-2015, 12:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Lexie

I think she has one in for the 21st it is the earliest she could get. I think she was hoping mediation will settle this. So far we have no agreement on support.
Old 09-11-2015, 12:38 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
A work in progress

OK, well, I think you need to impress on her that regardless of what happens with mediation and support, you can't have this guy coming and going, at will, whenever the spirit moves him. He has his OWN separate residence now, and there is NO reason for him to be coming and going.