SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Dear Friends, I Had the BEST Weekend! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/375179-dear-friends-i-had-best-weekend.html)

Wisconsin 09-08-2015 08:21 AM

Dear Friends, I Had the BEST Weekend!

Seriously...the best I can recall in years. I enjoyed time with all three kidlets from Friday night until Saturday afternoon. Then my son went to spend the rest of the weekend with AH (which, it seems, went well for both of them). I spent Saturday afternoon and evening with my girls. Then my dad came up on Sunday morning, and picked up DD15 for their annual outing for fancy sushi and a school shopping trip. I spent Sunday with DD12, then dropped her at a party/sleepover on Sunday night and picked up DD15 from my dad. Spent Sunday night and Monday with DD15, before dropping her off with HER dad.

Time with all my kids, in various combinations, including one-on-one time with each daughter, which is a rarity these days. I rested, napped, unpacked, hung pictures. I carried stuff down to the storage area. I did a couple of loads of laundry. My girls were CLEARLY at ease, relaxed, and happy. Even our DOG seemed much happier.

Bookaboo2 09-08-2015 08:25 AM

Awesome sauce I happy for you and your family! !!!!

LexieCat 09-08-2015 09:17 AM

FANTASTIC report!! So happy for you.

Kboys 09-08-2015 09:22 AM

That's great Wisconsin!!!
SO happy for you

dandylion 09-08-2015 09:34 AM

Wisconsin....that is just great! I had been wondering how it was going with you....

dandylion

firebolt 09-08-2015 10:11 AM

That's SO GREAT, Wisconsin! I can't wait to hear about how you all BLOOM after this change!!

Florence 09-08-2015 10:25 AM

:You_Rock_

Hawkeye13 09-08-2015 03:10 PM

:c011:

So nice to hear the lilt in your voice Wisconsin :grouphug:

Refiner 09-08-2015 03:18 PM

Isn't it so wonderful to say how FANtastic your life is instead of CRAPtastic lol! Even your dog is feeling it - because you ALL are! Congratulations, I love it!!

Wisconsin 09-08-2015 04:48 PM

Whoa. I am even more grateful now for such a great weekend.

AH was going to get our son after school today (he was rained out at work), and then got stuck at home waiting for the cable guy. He asked if I would bring our son by, and he would make chili dogs. He has been generally well-behaved since I moved out last week, and I agreed, knowing we could just leave if a problem arose.

I have had every expectation that the separation would precede a dramatic spiral downward for him, but I was still not fully prepared. In the week since I left...THREE empty 18-pack beer can boxes sitting out in the open. Dog hair everywhere. No dishes have been washed. He's obviously sleeping on the couch. The whole thing made me incredibly uncomfortable. He was perfectly friendly. The little guy and I ate our hot dogs, and then immediately left for the neatness and peace of our apartment.

Definitely a reminder of how sad this disease is, how unbelievably glad I am that I'm out, and how I truly was the one holding the house together and keeping it livable.

myfreedom 09-09-2015 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by Wisconsin (Post 5548683)
Whoa. I am even more grateful now for such a great weekend.

AH was going to get our son after school today (he was rained out at work), and then got stuck at home waiting for the cable guy. He asked if I would bring our son by, and he would make chili dogs. He has been generally well-behaved since I moved out last week, and I agreed, knowing we could just leave if a problem arose.

I have had every expectation that the separation would precede a dramatic spiral downward for him, but I was still not fully prepared. In the week since I left...THREE empty 18-pack beer can boxes sitting out in the open. Dog hair everywhere. No dishes have been washed. He's obviously sleeping on the couch. The whole thing made me incredibly uncomfortable. He was perfectly friendly. The little guy and I ate our hot dogs, and then immediately left for the neatness and peace of our apartment.

Definitely a reminder of how sad this disease is, how unbelievably glad I am that I'm out, and how I truly was the one holding the house together and keeping it livable.

I feel this exact way. If I go to AH's, I hate to stay more than 5 minutes. He doesn't clean anymore, sleeps on the sofa, dishes sit for days, counters are dirty, there can be dog crap laying on floor for days. Makes my anxiety start kicking in. I have to get out of there cause I feel like Im suffocating.

MsPINKAcres 09-10-2015 12:34 PM

so glad your new home is happy joyous & pinkfully free!!!!

big pink hugs