False Thoughts

Old 09-07-2015, 02:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

False Thoughts

Ok SR I went on my bike ride and took 6 laps around my block after the first lap I wanted to quit but I truly hate odd numbers lol so I forced myself to keep going and ended up on 6 laps was dying on the sixth lap but I finished. My Lil brother called to invite me to a family bar b que. It's usually a 90% percent chance that I wouldn't go bc of past family issues.(gave him kidney and nvr said thank you) But I did say am going to do things differently so here am I at this bar b que feeling like a fish out of water. Lawd help me am trying. Another thing an I know am all over the place right now but I keep hving thoughts that I should just drive over to my xabf house and he will so happy that I showed up bc he misses me so much that he quit drinking. Lbvfs I want this absurd fantasy to be so real. Ugh
Old 09-07-2015, 02:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

when we force ourselves out of our "comfort" zone (even if it hasn't been that comfortable) we can get strong desire to go back to what we KNOW. or what we thought we knew. try to stay in today - you can make an early exit from the BBQ, but let's just go straight home eh? no driveway slips!

good for you on the bicycle laps!
Old 09-07-2015, 02:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

G- We all have that same dream. That they got hit my magical lighting bolt that told them to get their acts together. No one told us that we can't love our A's. We just need to love them from a distance!!

Good for you on the bike ride and the family pow wow. Baby steps my friend, that's all we can do right now.
Old 09-07-2015, 03:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Pia

Good for you on the laps and trying to do things different. I know it's hard and I too use to think the same thoughts and have done it but after so many times of being disappointed you realize it's time to put that fantasy away.
Old 09-07-2015, 05:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
when we force ourselves out of our "comfort" zone (even if it hasn't been that comfortable) we can get strong desire to go back to what we KNOW. or what we thought we knew. try to stay in today - you can make an early exit from the BBQ, but let's just go straight home eh? no driveway slips!

good for you on the bicycle laps!
No driveway slips went to my 2nd mom's house bbq. Am gonna spend the night here tonight so I won't feel so lonely
Old 09-07-2015, 08:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

6 laps, now this is getting ridiculous. I'm going to have to exercise today because of this.
You're working really hard at recovery and it's going to pay off.
Old 09-08-2015, 03:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You're doing good, gcolema, just keep on going!
Old 09-08-2015, 11:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It helps me to say this out loud to ground myself: "feelings aren't facts". You're doing great!
Old 09-08-2015, 11:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

good job getting out of your comfort zone!!!!!!