Staying Busy

Old 09-06-2015, 02:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Staying Busy

"Get busy living or get busy dying" this a quote from one of my favorite movies Shawshank Redemption. I put my own twist on this quote and told myself Get busy living or get busy withering away. This quote helped me get out of bed and finish one of my goals of "mild exercise" i went riding my bike again went around the block 4 times today. As i was riding my bike I was telling myself get busy living or get busy withering away. I also was telling myself a small amount of pain for a lifetime of gain. Am determine to get through this break up doing healthy things instead of the past damaging things. I still have 2 things left on my list look up some information for my resume and go to ACOA meeting this evening. It will be my first ACOA meeting i need to do this yall its times to stop allowing my past to hindered my life.
Old 09-06-2015, 03:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You go, gcolema! Doing a little bit every day is what I'm shooting for too. The new job has a TON of assistance for employees in getting/staying healthy, and I just went thru their "health assessment" thing and set some goals for getting just a little bit of several different kinds of exercise every week. I made sure the goals were doable--I can always increase them as I progress.

Stumbled across a site about being happy, and among the suggestions were that if something takes less than a minute to do, you should do it--sort the mail instead of letting it pile up for "later", hang your coat up instead of tossing it on the chair, that sort of thing. I thought "well, I'm not sure what that has to do w/being happy, but I'll give it a shot, I guess--not much to lose if it doesn't work!" And you know? The increased order in my house helps me feel more on top of things, not like I'm always being nibbled away by all the little things I need to do...

So I'm there w/you, finding all sorts of small things to do to keep busy and finding that they really do add up. Actually, they seem to add up to more than the sum of their parts, and it's really pleasing to me.

Keep on keeping on!
Old 09-06-2015, 06:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Just got back from my ACOA and it went really well. I will definitely be going back
Old 09-06-2015, 06:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you! I'm inspired. I have been feeling like I need to put more action into my recovery. You've got me thinking! Keep putting one foot in front of the other!
Old 09-06-2015, 09:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

You're doing so well I feel inspired! What about that ironing basket though?
Old 09-06-2015, 10:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FeelingGreat View Post
You're doing so well I feel inspired! What about that ironing basket though?
I don't feel like am don't so well honestly but trying to do things differently now. What's the ironing basket mean
Old 09-07-2015, 01:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Originally Posted by gcolema2 View Post
I don't feel like am don't so well honestly but trying to do things differently now. What's the ironing basket mean
You don't feel the benefit right away, but what you're doing will work. One day you'll be surprised because you feel happy; it will have snuck up on you.
Ironing basket - basket full of clothes waiting to be ironed. This is an essential part of your recovery plan