I knew it!

Old 09-04-2015, 09:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I knew it!

STBXAH just texted me and told me I have to call the power company and the cable company to resume service in my name for Sunday. I wonder what other wonderful thing are in store for this weekend. Another holiday ruined.

Call into my lawyer who is out of town.
Grr

Cricket
Old 09-04-2015, 09:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Is there more to the story? That doesn't sound so bad to me is why I am wondering. It sounds like he's just trying to get the split done. Sorry if I am missing something.
Old 09-04-2015, 10:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Cricket, I'm also confused. You knew he was moving out, right? Go get that gym membership and start having some fun in your new single gal lifestyle!
Old 09-04-2015, 10:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

i don't understand how that RUINS the holiday. he's moving out and you naturally become responsible for the household bills......no reason you can't call TODAY and be proactive.
Old 09-04-2015, 10:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Would you have preferred he not call you and the power get cut off for your holiday weekend?

Maybe there is more to this, but right now I'd be doing a happy dance you were one step closer.
Old 09-04-2015, 10:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

No problem with calling them I did hear through the grape vine he was moving. A 1/2 day notice is not cool. Having the kids make up a story to tell me not cool. And he has to pay for everything until the divorce is final.
Old 09-04-2015, 11:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Let me restate everything - he has to maintain the status quo during our divorce.
Old 09-04-2015, 11:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Cricket....I am glad that you have called the lawyer. This seems like more of his troublemaking campaign.
Keep working on growing a thick rhino skin.

This is a very, very, hard period of time. You will prevail and you will get through it, even though it seems like a walk through H---. Actually, what other option do you have....lol.

dandylion
Old 09-04-2015, 11:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Hey, Cricket, you might try calling the power company and telling them you have a court order requiring him to be responsible for expenses, such as utilities, while your divorce is pending.

They might not let him just cut and run if they know about it. Worth a shot, all they can do is say no.
Old 09-04-2015, 11:54 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I went ahead and transferred it per my lawyer. She could not get ahold of his lawyer due to the hoiliday. I will just have to keep track of the expenses and get reinburst.
Old 09-04-2015, 02:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Still getting vague answers as to when he is moving furniture out of here. Dear daughter gave me the saturday sunday Monday answer.

I still think the kids are going to end up melting down.
Old 09-04-2015, 03:13 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear cricket - in the long run, the sooner he's out, the better! Take care and have a good weekend with the kiddos.
Old 09-04-2015, 04:31 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

While the kids are here I will enjoy them. Sadly I am working the next 3 days and I am left in the dark as to their plans
Old 09-04-2015, 07:22 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cricket123 View Post
Let me restate everything - he has to maintain the status quo during our divorce.
If he is going to do these other things,
can you ask your lawyer about transferring early but having his lawyer reimburse your lawyer for the costs. Which is easier on you, fighting over the account transferred early, or just dealing with it, taking over and have your lawyer bill his lawyer.

if you are kind about this, and willing to accommodate the change while keeping the commitment that he pays, could you all agree to just change it where he still pays the cost even if it is changing to your name sooner. And not make any big deal. would that be less drama?
Old 09-04-2015, 08:54 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

The only objection I have is this is my down time on my main job so I have not been working much there. Picked up more hours at my other job but both jobs are low paying. So I did have some money set aside but I was hoping to get back to work before I got the bills.

I will figure this out next week. Hopefully he leaves with just what he is suppose to take. I have to work all weekend so it will be interesting.

Then I can turn this into a drama free zone.