Do not know what to think

Old 09-02-2015, 07:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Do not know what to think

Perhaps I should jump with joy, and dance and sing, but I do have this sickening feeling in my stomach.

Tonight, I talked to the landlady briefly, and she asked me how things were going. So, I told her not very well and that I filed for divorce. Then she opened up and said that she herself did see something in my husband two weeks ago. I guess he complained to her about some "suspicious guy in the pool." She said she saw an animal, the beast (her words!). All nasty and sweaty. She said she could not recognize him. And that she fully understands why I moved. She mentioned something about validating my feelings. She said she got scared of him.

It is not like I needed any validation. In a way, I am happy I heard this, but my stomach is tied in a knot at the same time. The creepiness is coming out in the daylight, but he is still too close to home. I guess the attorney got all the necessary info from me. They have not called for any additional documents. Now, all I want is a super speedy divorce. If it is really that fast as they said, perhaps next week I'll be signing those papers.

Gosh, this has been one hell of a journey.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by healthyagain View Post

No suggestion but boy I relate!
Old 09-03-2015, 06:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It's funny how these guys can put on such a facade to anyone but their loved ones-I'm kind of glad she saw what she did....I get your feeling of feeling validated. Totally get it! It has been one hell of a ride. Remember that God doesbt put anything to waste-he's using this time to refine you! Peace to you tonight
Old 09-03-2015, 07:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by healthyagain View Post
Perhaps I should jump with joy, and dance and sing, but I do have this sickening feeling in my stomach.

Tonight, I talked to the landlady briefly, and she asked me how things were going. So, I told her not very well and that I filed for divorce. Then she opened up and said that she herself did see something in my husband two weeks ago. I guess he complained to her about some "suspicious guy in the pool." She said she saw an animal, the beast (her words!). All nasty and sweaty. She said she could not recognize him. And that she fully understands why I moved. She mentioned something about validating my feelings. She said she got scared of him.

It is not like I needed any validation. In a way, I am happy I heard this, but my stomach is tied in a knot at the same time. The creepiness is coming out in the daylight, but he is still too close to home. I guess the attorney got all the necessary info from me. They have not called for any additional documents. Now, all I want is a super speedy divorce. If it is really that fast as they said, perhaps next week I'll be signing those papers.

I think this negative confirmation is to make sure you know
the right decision is to get away, without question.

When you are in a safer place, perhaps you might look back
with compassion for someone worse off than yourself.

Right now your safety and well being is more important.
It's similar to your fight or flight instinct telling you to fly off now.
Old 09-03-2015, 07:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have had friends and acquaintances tell me the same thing-and it did not feel good hearing it. I'm not vindictive and don't like hearing those things-although it does reaffirm I absolutely made the right decision. Until he realizes his life is the way it is bc of him and his choices, he won't change, and will keep on lying, blaming you, etc. I get it. Wishing you peace and sending hugs.
Old 09-04-2015, 06:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Perhaps it was a message sent from above. Some people spend years wondering if something else could have been done, "if I tried harder, if I did this or that." And there is this lady, totally freaked out by my husband's look, telling me how she cares about me and is concerned. How she saw something in his eyes. Apparently, a clear validation and another warning to stay away from him. I know I should be grateful for this and I am. I mourn the man I once loved, but he is gone, consumed by the darkness of alcoholism and probably extremely mentally ill.
Old 09-04-2015, 07:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

^^^ yes...it is not a good place to be. Stay safe and far away.