To those who have left their A's or are considering it

Old 08-31-2015, 08:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

To those who have left their A's or are considering it

I received a text tonight from a friend that I had to share (yes, I changed a couple words around to not break the rules). I AM blessed. Truly, truly blessed. I did not know how good freedom in the truth and God could be. It is life changing!

Text from my friend to me BUT I dedicate this to all of y'all who have not let your voice be silenced and have been brave and fought for your kids safety and a better life:

Not to sound all sappy, but you should be so proud of yourself and what you have accomplished. Sure no one wanted it to be this way, but you have been so very brave when it would have been easier to stay silent. You have trusted God with all your heart even when it must have been so hard and full of questions of the future. Your girls will be so very proud of you. And thankful, too. From the ashes you have risen!
Old 08-31-2015, 08:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It really is so hard to leave a relationship. It's amazing how you can feel so weak, when actually you are strong, and you are getting stronger. Your eyes suddenly become opened, no matter how much you want to shut them again, you can't.

To all the ones who left, or who are thinking about leaving, and even to the ones that are now questioning things, and to those who are staying. You really are so strong. I feel privileged to know or to read your stories. You are so brave.

Also thank you for all the help everyone has given to me.

(((((((((((hugs))))))))))))
amy

Thank you forourgirls - I do appreciate that.
Old 09-01-2015, 04:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

^^ yes, Amy!
Old 09-01-2015, 05:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Nice post forourgirls!
Old 09-01-2015, 09:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

What a GREAT friend!!!!! And way to go YOU - you must be wearing your recovery proudly for it to be seen, acknowledged & commented on.
Old 09-01-2015, 07:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Got another one tonight from her...she is my biggest cheerleader and shared this with me tonight....truth!!!! :

"C.S Lewis-experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God do you learn." Friend, you've learned that your lying, manipulating, abusive ex husband is not worth missing or crying over. God sheds enough tears for him-you don't have to anymore! He gets to live and own his life choices and will be held accountable for them.

Yes, ladies, yes!! Give him to God-God will handle him!
Peace to y'all, tonight
Old 09-02-2015, 09:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Aww - your friend sounds fantastic - thanks for sharing. We all need an F&F (plus the bada$& friends of F&F) meet up one year, I swear. Shake some hands and give some actual (((HUGS))). Y'all are life changing and I thank you.
Old 09-02-2015, 09:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I seriously would be in for a F&F meetup-tell me when and where!! it is so crucial to have supportive friends that know the whole truth (the ugly about me and him-both of us) and want the best for the girls and I. True honest friends are priceless-I only have a couple and I am 100% okay with that! (Well, I guess I have a lot more bc I consider each of you a true friend as well!)
Peace to y'all today!