Thanks to everyone

Old 09-02-2004, 07:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Thanks to everyone

I am new to this and just reading through some of peoples stories have helped me regain some hope. I have an alocholic/addict husband, sometimes clean and other times not. He went to treatment a year ago and has had a few relapses. I know he really wants to be sober but has had a very hard time. Then again sometimes I think he only tries sooo hard for me and our 2 kids. I have told him after learning all the horrible things he was doing while he was drinking I would never go back to living like that. I know I have no control over what he does but I fear that he will start drinking and using again. I fell like that is all he ever thinks about lately and that it is just a matter of time before he relaspes completly. I feel like I am always walking on egg shells and never know wat to expect. I feel so out of control again. I know I am the only one that can change that and I am respondsible for my own happiness but I love him so much and just want things to be normal. I feel like I need to fix this for him so that we can be okay. He controls our moods and our closeness. I am so afraid of losing him even though I feel alone right now because we seem to be drifting apart again. I read someone's message ealier about having the idea that if their spouse was sober it would fix all there problems and then it did not. I thought the same thing and sometimes I really hope it is true.
But thanks to everyone who has shared on this site because I have felt for so long that I was alone and pretty much going insane but just reading has helped me. I know that I have a long road ahead and hopefully things will get better.
Old 09-02-2004, 07:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

<-----there are alot of those people in here! Welcome! And know that you are not alone ever!!
Old 09-03-2004, 03:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

Hi feliciae,
Welcome to SR. It really is good to know that we don't have to be alone and that we aren't crazy(well maybe a little, hee hee).And guess what. Together we can learn and grow and find healing and comfort. I love an alcoholic/addict. It's not an easy thing. But through people like I have found here, and in Al-Anon, I have been able, slowly, to find some peace and serenity with it.

I am glad you joined us. Feel free to post, reply, or just browse the sight. Don't miss the powerposts at the top of the forum. There is a lot of good information there.

Have you tried Al-Anon. It has helped me so much. When you are ready, you can find a meeting at http://www.al-anon-alateen.org/. Select "Find a Meeting."

And stick around. There is a lot of love and support here. Hugs, Magic
Old 09-03-2004, 09:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
"learning to just be me"

Originally Posted by feliciae
I know that I have a long road ahead and hopefully things will get better.
Wow, great attitude! Our attitudes really do make such a difference. Keep posting and reading & welcome.
Old 09-03-2004, 10:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

welcome feliciae - great place to be! keep coming back!

cwohio