I never did that before!

Old 08-29-2015, 03:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I never did that before!

Went down a zip-line into a pond! Took a lot of courage, but I did it. :happydance:

Went on it 3 times, but only strong enough to hold on the full way the first time. Physical therapy is going well & getting stronger each week. Recovery going well, also.

DS8 went down the zip-line 11 times.

We also went canoeing on the pond before that.

F U N

I had fun. And worked part of the day, took time for myself and taking care of my car (needed front tires and an oil change). When I find balance in life, I accomplish more.

Anyone have a recent "never did that before."?
Old 08-29-2015, 07:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

No..I'm too chickensh**!
Good for you!! Guess you can cross that off the bucket list, huh?
Old 08-29-2015, 10:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I went on a zip line in Costa Rica a couple of years ago. I was scared to death but my partner *really* wanted to do this and it's a thing in Costa Rica. You zip over the jungle, great scenery, supposedly see jungle animals. (You see the tops of trees.)

I was almost angry that he insisted on doing the zip line because I was so scared. But I did it. The guides were wonderful and patient. We were with another couple and once I saw that our guides, who were two big guys, as was the man of the other couple were able to do it without plunging to their death in the jungle below - I did it.

It was awesome! Once I trusted the cables it was awesome. I was even able to let go and enjoy the view.

I am not the type to leave my comfort zone and am soooo glad I did this.
Old 08-30-2015, 07:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Good for you!!

I remember being on a ferris wheel once, with a little girl about seven or eight years old. She was really scared, but once we started really moving, she started yelling, "I faced my fear! I faced my fear!!!" It really made me smile because I was an adult before I could bring myself to get on one. (I still avoid rollercoasters--I know I'm safe on them but I don't like puking on strangers.)
Old 08-30-2015, 07:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Amazing! Facing your fears always pushes growth. You must have had so much fun!