first al-anon meeting

Old 09-02-2004, 04:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

first al-anon meeting

I had been waiting for just that "right" time. I had been procrastinating cause I was afraid...not to sure what to expect...not ready to bring everything out in the open...scary stuff. But finally I went ...

and guess what??

No one else showed up!!!!!!!!!!!

I was SOOOO disappointed. I have no idea what the deal was. If this group even still meets and it was a fluke. I am going to go again Friday. If no one is there again...I will look for another one.

I meant to tell y'all. I used to post under "Nightowl". My ASO knew I used this name on the net so I decided I better not use it any more just in case. He used to watch all my computer activity like the CIA. So, just wanted to be a little more "anonymous". KWIM?
Old 09-02-2004, 04:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Oh Tiny!

How did you find the meeting? Is Friday a different night? Could you call the number in your phone book and check?

That is terrible!
JT
Old 09-02-2004, 04:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

[I]Tiny so sorry to hear that! (((Hugs))) for the courage to get in the car and go! Like JT said there should be a number to call and check on if they still have the meeting or they may have moved it! That has happened before!

Keep up that courage!!
Old 09-02-2004, 07:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

TV-

I am glad you are trying to make meeting. Like JT And Rella said call the number in the phone book and tell them what happened and ask if it has moved!!!! I am glad to see you are around sorry you are having trouble!!!
Old 09-03-2004, 03:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

(((Tiny)))
I am so sorry! Don't give up. I am proud of you for going. It's good to know that you are an old friend, though. Like JT said, you might want to try to call and get a contact before you try again. Let us know how things go from here. Hugs, Magic
Old 09-03-2004, 10:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

keep trying - you'll find one and boy will you be glad!

cwohio
Old 09-03-2004, 11:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
sdp

I have a similar story.
A while back, I looked up meetings, and there was one not too far from me, on a good night.. Great!! I go..It's in a church.
Parking lot empty, no lights... I sit around, then leave..

A few days later I'm driving by, and see that the building had been sold!!! (I missed the sign as I came in another way)

D'oh!!!
Old 09-03-2004, 01:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

yeah i had a similar experience when i originally tried to go, but please for yourself try again. they really are amazing. i wasnt sure how it was going to help, but somehow it does. it gives you that strength you need. i have only attended a few and already i have learned so much. i just wish more of them had childcare. remember i am sure you have focused a lot of time and energy on someones elses disease, now it is time for you. good luck