XAH claims stomach cancer

Old 08-28-2015, 10:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

XAH claims stomach cancer

My XAH has told our son that he thinks he has stomach cancer. He hasn't been feeling well since I left him, abandoned him, cut his heart out and stomped on it while it lay beating on the ground....etc etc. My son told me, "You know dad hates you, right?" My response, "Yes, and that's ok. He's entitled to feel how he needs to feel. I don't hate him, though, you know that right?"

Apparently, XAH had bloodwork done last week. Well, today, my son drove my XAH to get his CT scan of his stomach. My son has been driving for ONE freaking week with his permit and XAH has him do this????

Welcome to the insanity of divorcing the alcoholic, but still sharing custody and parental responsibilities with them. I told my son that I'd pray for his dad but I also explained that all the drinking and the medications he's on might just be wreaking havoc on dad's stomach, liver, and pancreas.

I have no answers. I can turn him and all of it over to HP, but it's so hard when the kids are worried about dad and now driving him around. I told my son to NEVER be dad's designated driver and that he is to NEVER drive if he thinks my X is intoxicated because that would be a HUGE problem should anything happen.

UGH.....it's all part of our story, right? I am letting my HP write it for me and trying to give up control. One day at a time!
Old 08-28-2015, 10:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

They're just precious, aren't they?
Old 08-28-2015, 10:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Pia

I think you handled it nicely!!
Old 08-29-2015, 07:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
They're just precious, aren't they?
LOL, yeah, precious...that's the word I was looking for!
Old 08-29-2015, 07:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Hey, on another note, great news that your son got his permit! Last I remember he was all bummed because he hadn't passed the test.

We all know your ex-husband's an idiot, but your son is a gem!
Old 08-29-2015, 07:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Digestive tract cancers are among the many that As are more prone to. I hope it's not the case for your sake as much as his.
Old 08-29-2015, 07:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Of all the things alcoholics do, switching roles with their children and forcing them to become the responsible, parental ones is one of the ones I have the hardest time forgiving.
Old 08-30-2015, 11:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Ah yes,
My XAH was told that his symptoms might indicate Lupus. He jumped on that one and ran with it for all of 6 weeks, until lab results definitely ruled it out. But in the mean time, he told everyone that would listen that the reason I left him was that I couldn't live with his Lupus.
Old 08-31-2015, 07:05 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
Ah yes,
My XAH was told that his symptoms might indicate Lupus. He jumped on that one and ran with it for all of 6 weeks, until lab results definitely ruled it out. But in the mean time, he told everyone that would listen that the reason I left him was that I couldn't live with his Lupus.
OMG! That's so damn funny!!!!!
Old 08-31-2015, 07:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

It's sad, really, how far they go to protect their addiction! Funny, too...but very sad.
Old 08-31-2015, 07:58 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Guys- They need an enabler..... Hello!!! Why not get the next best thing, a family member who loves them. This is so typical, and expected.

Maybe you and your kids should pray every night for Dad. See how long that will last!! haha!! Sorry Liz and sending hugs my friend!!! Keep on your path you are doing great!!!