Lost a friend to an attack from a mix of Xanax/Alcohol

Old 08-31-2015, 12:25 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by redatlanta View Post
Sorry about the loss of your friend in such a tragic way.

If there isn't a huge class action suit, there well could be. And I know lawyers willing to pursue that if there is any proof they had knowledge and didn't prevent the abuses.

If you want you can read the very long and boring "side effects and dangers" of Xanax. Included is the possibility of addiction as well as a stern warning to never mix with alcohol. Often times the warning not to mix with alcohol is listed on the prescription bottle. No attorney will pursue this, and I agree with Lexie your anger is misdirected.

Used in accordance with directions, and under a doctors supervision, these medications are helpful and useful and necessary for many. It is the patient whom usually lies to the doctor about their addiction issues and/or use of other medications, street drugs, or alcohol. There is no proof that your friend took xanax, mixed it with alcohol, and decided to kill themselves solely due to an "attack" from the medication. Certainly this medication and alcohol are depressants. In a person who is already struggling with depression its a dangerous mix causing further depression. People make really, really stupid decisions when they are intoxicated and mixing things that don't go well together.
Hi redatlanta
What I'd really like to see is established medical research and development of the Spiritual Healing methods that "work better than medication" according to many of the sources who have tried this, both patients who have experienced the healing and also doctors who found out it doesn't undermine medicine and science but works with it.

Once Spiritual Healing is proven effective, then people might have a choice to address many more mental and physical ills this way, BEFORE resorting to medications that only placate symptoms.

I would not pursue a class action just trying to win a lawsuit alone;
the purpose would more likely be to PUBLICLY push for research in Spiritual Healing, instead of millions if not billions in govt grants only going into researching medications, marijuana, etc. that don't solve the root causes of addictions.

Sooner or later, this knowledge and practice will become more public. I would just rather it be sooner, because my friend could have been saved had the depression or whatever it was that affected both the mother and daughter could have been treated with spiritual healing to break the cycle instead of both of them succumbing.

There have been cases of families cured of more severe medical conditions, but it was because these were more visible so they knew to go get help. And the spiritual healing DID address the root causes that are hidden in the psyche, in order to end the symptoms as a result.

Once the knowledge is established publicly, then if this type of treatment is denied to people it could be the basis of suits as in negligence or malpractice to bar someone from treatment known to potentially save lives for the conditions they have.

The sooner the research gets done, the greater chances of reaching more people and possibly saving more lives.

Whatever media bias or politics is blocking this knowledge or research from public access, that could become the subject of lawsuits if lives are lost that could have been saved by it. Again, I don't think lawsuits would happen except for publicity to get the idea out in the media so more people look into it and start asking for research.