The Language of Letting Go, August 27

Old 08-27-2015, 04:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Language of Letting Go, August 27

AUGUST 27

You are reading from the book "The Language of Letting Go."

Procrastination

Procrastination - not acting when the time is right - is a self-defeating behavior. It produces anxiety, guilt, disharmony, and a nagging consciousness of the task that life is telling us it's time to do.

We are not always procrastinating when we put off doing something. Sometimes doing a thing before the time is right can be as self-defeating as waiting too long.

We can learn to discern the difference. Listen to yourself. Listen to the Universe. What is past due and creating anxiety and prodding within you?

Is there something in your life you are avoiding because you don't want to face it? Is there a building anxiety from putting this off?

Sometimes anger, fear, or feeling helpless can motivate procrastination. Sometimes procrastination has simply become habitual.

Trust and listen to yourself, your Higher Power, and the Universe. Watch for signs and signals. If it is time to do something, do it now. If it is not yet time, wait until the time is right.

Higher Power, help me learn to be on time and in harmony with my life. Help me tune in to and trust Divine Timing and Order.

©1990, Hazelden Foundation. All rights reserved.