Sexuality... A bit OT.

Old 08-16-2015, 11:30 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I had to re-find fun, myself. Don't give up if it doesn't FEEL fun the first few times. The fun will come back, but you have to remind your body and mind what it feels like.

And just one other thing, in view of your age--once you get to be an adult fun doesn't feel exactly the same as it did when you were a kid. It may not be quite as giddy a sense of fun, but there is still pleasure and enjoyment to be had.
Old 08-16-2015, 12:55 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Timetoheal12 View Post
He said he had found a wonderful girl and is moving to another state to be with her. Apparently, they met via Internet and they don't know each other by other thing than messages and pictures, still, he already asked her to be a couple and she agreed.
He said he was thankful for all he learned while with me, and for all the "pure" stuff I gave him.
And that was it.

I think you need to re-read this. This guy is picking up his life an moving to another state to be with a woman that he has never met.

What does that tell you about this man?

Your desires, goals, and so forth aren't wrong. Your picker was off with this guy that's all. Thankfully you didn't have sex with him. He sounds like an opportunist, in fact he is. Honey, you weren't a stepping stone. This guy is just looking for a free ride likely with whomever will give it to him.

YOU are the smart one here. You dodged a bomb, not a bullet.
Old 08-16-2015, 04:35 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
I had to re-find fun, myself. Don't give up if it doesn't FEEL fun the first few times. The fun will come back, but you have to remind your body and mind what it feels like.

And just one other thing, in view of your age--once you get to be an adult fun doesn't feel exactly the same as it did when you were a kid. It may not be quite as giddy a sense of fun, but there is still pleasure and enjoyment to be had.
I understand. Thanks Lexie. Here in my town everyone seems to have fun by drinking... so it makes it harder, but I will find my way. I really appreciate your input!
Old 08-16-2015, 04:37 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by redatlanta View Post
I think you need to re-read this. This guy is picking up his life an moving to another state to be with a woman that he has never met.

What does that tell you about this man?

Your desires, goals, and so forth aren't wrong. Your picker was off with this guy that's all. Thankfully you didn't have sex with him. He sounds like an opportunist, in fact he is. Honey, you weren't a stepping stone. This guy is just looking for a free ride likely with whomever will give it to him.

YOU are the smart one here. You dodged a bomb, not a bullet.
Maybe it is true and I just can't see it because I still tend to romanticize the beginning of our relationship? Thanks, this kind of "reminders" do help me regain my perspective when I don't feel as strong.
Old 08-16-2015, 05:38 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

You are young. Please take this as advice meant to help you.

Some men, will say anything, do anything, try anything, true or not, to get into a woman's pants. That doesn't mean they will be a bad experience for you. But the younger they are, the more likely it is that you as a person is secondary to their needs. They will pursue you for many things, but sex will be high on the list the younger they are.

Now if they get it, that doesn't mean you are doomed. But if they don't get it from you, you are most likely doomed by the majority.

My other advice is, you need to have sex as a human being. Learn about it, learn what you like and don't like. Like it for what you need it to be for you. Marrying to allow for sex, will often result in long term misery.

I'm not saying sleep around with many men. But for goodness sakes please know what works sexually for you, before you commit your life to an unknown partner with mismatched common sexual interest.
Old 08-16-2015, 06:19 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hangnbyathread View Post
You are young. Please take this as advice meant to help you.

Some men, will say anything, do anything, try anything, true or not, to get into a woman's pants. That doesn't mean they will be a bad experience for you. But the younger they are, the more likely it is that you as a person is secondary to their needs. They will pursue you for many things, but sex will be high on the list the younger they are.

Now if they get it, that doesn't mean you are doomed. But if they don't get it from you, you are most likely doomed by the majority.

My other advice is, you need to have sex as a human being. Learn about it, learn what you like and don't like. Like it for what you need it to be for you. Marrying to allow for sex, will often result in long term misery.

I'm not saying sleep around with many men. But for goodness sakes please know what works sexually for you, before you commit your life to an unknown partner with mismatched common sexual interest.

And I guess it will eventually happen. I am not sure.
I just didn't wanted to have my first experience in sex with someone who clearly didn't had any respect for me at all...
Old 08-16-2015, 07:38 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Timetoheal12 View Post
And I guess it will eventually happen. I am not sure.
I just didn't wanted to have my first experience in sex with someone who clearly didn't had any respect for me at all...
And that is very wise of you. Every time you choose to have sex.
Old 08-17-2015, 04:24 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

One day a few years ago after a break up i was depressed. my dad asked me how old i was, i was 25. then he asked how long i dated the girl it was like 3 months. So he said you have lived for 300 months but ur so focused on 3. 1/100th was occuping my emotions and theres so much i was overlooking. then we went on to talk about how long id probably live and it really put in perspective how insignificant the relationship was.

Then we talked about the fact that theres 7.5 billion people in the world. thats alot. im not saying dont pursue love at all. just that theres more posiblites out there then the mind can really fathom. if the ex sent that email i think it would be best to move on to the next blessing. im sure theres one coming im sure!