Update

Old 08-13-2015, 11:27 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you Box!

I'm so sorry to hear he's drinking again, that really sucks eggs.

But on the brighter side, you sound great! Your head is in the right place and your attitude is awesome. Carry on and keep doing whatever it is that's working so well for you.
Old 08-13-2015, 01:00 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hey there BR.....it's good to hear from you!

Let me just say that your pups and little Leonard are A-DORABLE!!! I am also loving the kitchen, and I bet she will too!

I think that coming to acceptance brings peace into your life regardless of the circumstances. Being able to live it a day at a time is a great thing.

Much love! XXX
Old 08-13-2015, 01:05 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

It wasn't easy accepting it. What do you do though?! I dunno. Just move on. I'm not going to change that head injury. I'm not going to stop him from drinking. I'm not going to make him shut up either. On really bad days, I just leave.
Old 08-13-2015, 01:09 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Just to come to the realization that you cannot change him is much more than many people can reach.

Peace and Light to you Box! Thank you for sharing!
Old 08-13-2015, 03:10 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm sad for all you're going through, Boxy. Was so hoping he wouldn't want to sabotage himself by picking up again. Thanks for sharing the beautiful baby and dogs with us - they are wonderful.
Old 08-13-2015, 04:27 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Good to see you back. Sorry for the disappointing news. You sound like you've made your peace with it tho and I admire you for that.

Thank you for the pictures.
Old 08-13-2015, 04:37 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Rotz, your courage and strength is an inspiration. I wish life was better for you but it looks to me that you have a lot of love and beauty surrounding you. Your granddaughter is adorable and the pups...well I'm a cat lover and I still think they are wonderful.

Hugs
Old 08-13-2015, 04:53 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Have missed you and thought about you. Hate the news, hoped things were as they were last you were here.

You sound good, love the pics. Be looking forward to more!
Old 08-13-2015, 05:17 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FireSprite View Post
Damn, Box. Not the update I was hoping for. I'll never forget all that you both went through when he had his accident. Seems unbelievable that ANYONE would drink following an experience like that! (Logically I know better, but emotionally I'm still surprised all the time.)

I'm so, so sorry.

(on the positive side, that baby gets cuter every time you share her pics!! What a doll!!!)
I know, This isn't what I wanted either. I thought that he would say, I am so damn lucky to be alive and I'm not going to do that again! But you know what I think happened? I think he feels like, Hey... I survived this and I can do what I want! He has this saying where he'll say his full name and it goes like this... I'm _______ ___________ and I do what I want! He laughs about it but I really think he lives by it. He and a few other guys he grew up with would say this and those guys are dead. Go figure.
Old 08-13-2015, 05:25 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
Hey there BR.....it's good to hear from you!

Let me just say that your pups and little Leonard are A-DORABLE!!! I am also loving the kitchen, and I bet she will too!

I think that coming to acceptance brings peace into your life regardless of the circumstances. Being able to live it a day at a time is a great thing.

Much love! XXX
There was a time where I thought, You can help him Boxy. You're a smart girl. And I was so wrong and honestly, He's a grown man. I did not buy a car. lol

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
Just to come to the realization that you cannot change him is much more than many people can reach.

Peace and Light to you Box! Thank you for sharing!
Thank you hopeful. It was hard to accept and some days are still going to be hard. But I can not make him do anything, just like no one can make me do anything. I just take it one day at a time.

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
I'm sad for all you're going through, Boxy. Was so hoping he wouldn't want to sabotage himself by picking up again. Thanks for sharing the beautiful baby and dogs with us - they are wonderful.
It's ok Hevyn. This is what he wants. And this is what he'll get. And yes, we'll both pay a price for it in the end. But ya know what? He's going to pay the steepest price because he'll lose his life over it. Let's not kid ourselves... aren't we all surprised he's still here anyways?! I know I am! Who the heck rides a 90* corner at 65MPH on a motorcycle and lives to tell about it? THIS GUY!!! lol
Old 08-13-2015, 05:36 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I have put some boundaries in place for myself.

If he gets horrible with me and can't control his emotions and becomes belligerent, I go to my brother's house or I'll go see my daughter n baby n go home after awhile to let him cool off. I actually haven't had to leave the house since his accident. I am grateful for my brother though. He has helped me so much with the dogs and giving me a place when I need it, no questions asked. He's also helped me with car repairs that AH was putting off because he was too busy drinking and I didn't trust him to the task anyways. He's not mechanically inclined to begin with and that's ok.

Second boundary is no drunk sex. EVER! I do not like it and I will leave the house if I have to. There is nothing about it that I like and I told him sober that it will not happen. He thought he could push the issue this past weekend while drunk and I told him that it would not happen n he dropped it. If he wants to enjoy me then I want to be able to enjoy him and I can't do that when he's drunk so no one will get anything.

Those are my 2 biggest #1 boundaries with him at the moment. They are subject to change at anytime.

And just for fun... I'll add a pic of my ugly mug!

Old 08-13-2015, 06:15 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hair got long! Very pretty.
Old 08-13-2015, 06:33 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Rotz, you always stood out to me as the very best example here of someone who came the closest to using detachment as a long term solution to staying in your relationship with your qualifier. Any time I needed a lesson in detachment, I went to your posts.

I'm sorry the drinking is back, but so very glad that your granddaughter, dogs, and hunting are bringing you so much joy. ((HUGS))
Old 08-13-2015, 06:36 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Lookin' good!

I've been meaning to ask, are you a Walking Dead fan? Somehow I see you as being Darryl's soulmate, lol.
Old 08-13-2015, 08:57 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Hair got long! Very pretty.
I just had like 4" cut off in March I think... But yeah, it's only going to get longer and grayer. lol Thank you. I love my hair, finally!

Originally Posted by Wisconsin View Post
Rotz, you always stood out to me as the very best example here of someone who came the closest to using detachment as a long term solution to staying in your relationship with your qualifier. Any time I needed a lesson in detachment, I went to your posts.

I'm sorry the drinking is back, but so very glad that your granddaughter, dogs, and hunting are bringing you so much joy. ((HUGS))
Awe.. well, I love the turd and to stay with him through this, I gotta have some skill. I use a lot of what I have learned from years of working with patients who were out of their mind. It has really come in handy. lol

Hunting season is almost here... I am all about being the good wife n October comes n I don't know who the hell you are!

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
Lookin' good!

I've been meaning to ask, are you a Walking Dead fan? Somehow I see you as being Darryl's soulmate, lol.
That's funny because I don't get into the Walking Dead but AH watches it all the time! lol
Old 08-14-2015, 03:07 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Daryl's the guy with the motorcycle and the deadly crossbow. And he's a hottie.
Old 08-14-2015, 03:16 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
Daryl's the guy with the motorcycle and the deadly crossbow. And he's a hottie.
We'll then... He sounds like my kinda guy! Is he a drunk and or a pill head?
Old 08-14-2015, 04:01 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

"Darryl" in real life is a Funny dude. If you ever get the opportunity I'd say pass on it. Hits it pretty hard i.e. doesn't take much to make him look like a guy with no sleep trying to outrun zombies.

Everytime I see your pic can't help but think - how is this woman a grandmother? You look like you are 16.
Old 08-14-2015, 04:40 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Nah, there was the ONE TIME with Beth and the moonshine, but he was pretty disapproving of the alkie who was with them for a while--what was his name again? We forget them so soon after they get eaten, lol. Robert or something. It took a zombie apocalypse to finally get HIM sober. Talk about hitting bottom!
Old 08-14-2015, 05:40 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

LOL oh agree Lex I remember that scene - I meant in real, real life. I have worked with the actor twice. Parties hard. Funny guy. Nice. But parties real hard.