And the countdown is on....

Old 08-15-2015, 02:23 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Lilro....I second the idea of making the "list". Keep it with you and read it over and over if necessary. I did that and boy did it help. Put your head in charge...not your heart....
Hon...you are fighting a disease....alcoholism. He is obviously still very much under the control of this disease and in knee-deep denial. The disease is controlling him....and, he is controlling you (because you care and long for him soo much).
He is most likely a long way from facing up to his reality---if he ever does.

You are going to have to allow yourself to heal....and, to mourn. I' talking months to about a year....for you to really begin to see the patches of blue sky of your own future. You have got another 50yrs. to enjoy your life.......

dandylion
Old 08-15-2015, 02:50 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
A work in progress

He wants you to continue to "wait" for him indefinitely. He got a prescription that he hasn't filled. He's going out for wings and beers with the guys. And he wants you to wait.

Screw that. He is nowhere NEAR recovery, from what you've described. You've broken up. I suggest you block his phone number, block his emails and texts, and work on pulling yourself together so you can go on with your life.

You met him, and you got your answer--it just wasn't the one you were hoping for. Now you know. Time to move on.
Old 08-15-2015, 07:59 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thank you Ladies for the " Tough Love". I needed that! I think I cried today more then I have in the past three months, I guess that's a good thing. I know now that need to re-focus but yes, I was hopeful that the outcome would have been different. I should have known better. I know.
Refi- believe me when I tell you that if someone would have told me when I was in my 20's or 30's that this was how my life was going to be in my 50's I would have never believed them. ️Love & foolishness do not have an age limit, I am living proof.
Thank you all again for your guidance
Old 08-15-2015, 08:30 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Are you done yet? You ready to move on?

I just can't say I'm shocked about this outcome after spending 20 minutes reading the first posts of your threads the other day. I've also heard every lie in the book too. You should have never went but why would you listen to me?

Good Luck getting over this dude. You know he isn't ready n Will never fill that script.
Old 08-16-2015, 09:07 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Sry I was so curt in my input as I know you are hurting. You were looking for a better outcome to your visit and got the same ole same ole and he thinks he can just worm his way back in casually throwing out the "wings and beers" comment like you're cool with it. You let him have it (as would I have) and I agree with others it's time to block him and officially move on from him. I know none of this is easy and am sending you (((hugs)))!