Thanks!

Old 08-10-2015, 09:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thanks!

I posted for the first time here yesterday and it helped me immensely. My alcoholic ex-bf just started AA after 4 months of us having been broken up and wanted to get back together because he's making the effort. I love that he's doing that, but know I'm no good to him in this process. After a difficult weekend in which I spent more time with him than I should've I came here for guidance. It was a difficult conversation, but I told him this is not my journey, it's his and I won't be a part of his life at this time. He was crushed, but admitted he had wronged me and he understood why I can't be with him. There is something different about him, but I know he's on very fragile ground and has to build a solid foundation.

I've been dating a wonderful guy the past month and even though I think of my ex a lot I'm going to continue dating him, but slow down the pace so I can focus on my own recovery. My intent was to date casually, but this guy threw me a curve. Whatever is meant to be will be. I'll continue to come here because I know I have to continue to build my strength and there is strength in those who understand. Thanks again!
Old 08-10-2015, 04:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

luvbugnat, I'm so glad you found us here and I'm so glad you found some insight into your problems.

I don't post as much as I used to, partly b/c I used to work from home and was at the computer all day and this is no longer the situation, but I certainly do come here at least twice a day and read. I never ever fail to find something that strikes a chord or turns on a light for me. I need the constant reminders to keep me pointed in the right direction. As someone said on another forum that I visit, "we are not computers or robots, where you input the data and the program works perfectly from there on in."

Nope, I've input PLENTY of data, and I can tell you, the program sure doesn't work perfectly! But I keep exposing myself to the experience, strength and hope here, and I gradually learn to practice what I see...

Anyway, I hope you continue to come around. Another voice, another viewpoint, is always valuable. Best wishes!