OT---divorce.....

Old 07-22-2015, 05:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

OT---divorce.....

I feel the need to share that the news of the Blake Shelton divorce has hit me really hard......
I want to grab them both and slam them into treatment!!!!!

I think I have the vapors....
I may need to take to bed this afternoon.....

dandylion (sad)
Old 07-22-2015, 06:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I had to google to find out who these people even are. So apparently everyone thought they were a match made in heaven, and things didn't work out. I didn't see anything suggesting either one of them needs "treatment" and I can't imagine what would be sadder than staying in an unhappy marriage for the sake of fans.

Hopefully both will move on and be happy.
Old 07-22-2015, 09:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It made me sad too, they have always portrayed such a strong bond.
Old 07-22-2015, 10:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

They're both human with the added pressure of having everything they do scrutinized by the media, fans and others. It seems a bit strange that people here are supported unconditionally (usually) whether they stay in their marriage or move on, yet this strikes a different chord for some?

Maybe they have had a very strong bond. Love does not cause, control or cure dysfunction or alcoholism. In my family I have found it's a double edge sword that both pulls us together and keeps us enmeshed to where we had great difficulty learning how to change our thoughts and behaviors in order to heal.

Blake likely has alcoholism. It's a physical, chronic disease of the mind and body. It's also a family disease (it affects others around the drinking, often in many ways they are unable to see) and a disease of perceptions. He has said many times he's not going to quit drinking and has openly joked about it. He denies there's a problem. That's his right, and the more pressure put upon it doesn't do anything to help, whether he has a problem with addiction or not.

As I'm learning, alcohol works in many (percievably) good ways for the alcoholic --- until it stops working.

It's often the spouse who is more quickly affected by the drinking, whether it's an addiction or not. It would have been very helpful for me if I could have realized Alanon was a place where I could grow healthy, even if my husband didn't have an addiction. I spent a long time denying that I had any problems. I honestly could not see my own problems for a very long time.

Send good thoughts and prayers for them in their own journeys.
Old 07-22-2015, 10:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
I feel the need to share that the news of the Blake Shelton divorce has hit me really hard......
I want to grab them both and slam them into treatment!!!!!

I think I have the vapors....
I may need to take to bed this afternoon.....

dandylion (sad)
Dandy, if treatment would fix problems like this, I'd be all for that!

I have heard that feeling and expressing emotions are a good thing, and that seems to be helpful to me. (Tongue-in-cheek. Thank you for all the help and support you've given me!)

Thank you for sharing, caring, and letting this out.
Old 07-23-2015, 10:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I was reading about them on US Weekly...he fell in love with her while he was married to his first wife. The rumor is that Miranda cheated on Blake. Honestly, this just might be karma.