A Cautionary Tale...

Old 07-28-2015, 09:35 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I want to thank everyone for their responses. It's meant so much to me.

I don't know all the answers with respect to my husband, his issues and his rock bottom. I never thought I did. I thought it would end with the alcohol, but it didn't. And, I never thought it would go this far.

So, I have been humbled by this journey. Completely humbled. It's been only a short 7-9 months, but it's changed me forever.

Thank you again for all your support and advice. I appreciate it so much. We can let my thread drift to the bottom now.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:18 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by redatlanta View Post
ok - a little off the beaten path.

Could it be possible your husband has had an affair, or a dalliance? I ask because his projections and actions are as if you were cheating on him, when you haven't been (i assume) and he has no reason to think that. Ime when a spouse or partner become consumed with jealousy and start up with these kinds of bizarre actions sometimes it could be because of what they are doing, not what you are doing.

Projection.
Ding Ding Ding!!!!
Old 07-29-2015, 05:29 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HoldOnLoosely View Post
I want to thank everyone for their responses. It's meant so much to me.

I don't know all the answers with respect to my husband, his issues and his rock bottom. I never thought I did. I thought it would end with the alcohol, but it didn't. And, I never thought it would go this far.

So, I have been humbled by this journey. Completely humbled. It's been only a short 7-9 months, but it's changed me forever.

Thank you again for all your support and advice. I appreciate it so much. We can let my thread drift to the bottom now.
Join the club. Once I realized all the crap that was going on, you feel stupid and humbled. You wanted to believe they were the person you once loved and cared for. The sane lucid one that used to be there before the addiction took over.

We all start out this process thinking, My addict won't be a bad one. They just having a rough patch. Mine doesn't (insert horrible activity here), so they aren't that bad. Mine just needs a little help. They will be back to normal soon.

It's humbling.