Alnon meeting

Old 07-13-2015, 04:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Alnon meeting

Am sitting here staring at the clock bc at 8 pm am suppose to go back to Alnon. I have been hear b4 so many times. I tell myself am gonna go back to Alnon meetings and then the time comes and I can't move smh. It's like am stuck in cement and I can't move a single muscle. Please, God give me the strength to move from this chair and go to my meeting.
Old 07-13-2015, 04:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You can do it! Sending you strength and (((hugs)))

I know it's hard sometimes, but you'll be glad you did it.
Old 07-13-2015, 04:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi.
Don't drive yourself crazy. If you don't go tonight then make a plan for another night during the week.
I think sometimes we may feel resentment that we have put ourselves in a position that WE must get help when it's the other person with the problem. At least that's how I feel sometimes. Truth be told it is US that also needs the help and guidance to maneuver thru all this craziness. Be kind to you... Read around SR. Take a deep breath, try to chill out and whatever you do, don't answer the phone for one night... Believe me, nothing's going to change in 24 hours....
Big hug to you!
ROE
Old 07-14-2015, 04:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Lilro,

Al Anon is great. But the gem of the program is the 12 steps. That is their mechanism of true change. There's a reason most programs have taken that framework that requires a change in thinking.

You can get on SR and make a lot of headway. You can work the steps even here. The steps are the key to AA and Al Anon. If you don't want to go to a meeting, settle in and start a journal for your step work.

You can work steps 1-3 without a sponsor. Step 4 is where you need some help, but you could use a counselor if the sponsor thing is a problem. I used my counselor and found a sponsor when I had started 4.

Last edited by CodeJob; 07-14-2015 at 04:25 AM. Reason: Sp
Old 07-14-2015, 01:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I did make it off that couch and although it was quite painful I went deep sigh I tell ya. I bought my books last night Hope for today, one day at a time in Al non, Courage for day. This whole process is alot honestly. But am trying to committed to this process.
Old 07-14-2015, 04:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good for you!! Mine is tomorrow night, I'm sure I'll just sit there and cry like a fool...
Old 07-14-2015, 06:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I have been in alanon for almost a year. Some days I still struggle to go but at the end of the meeting I always feel better. Take care....