The Language of Letting Go, July 8

Old 07-08-2015, 02:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Language of Letting Go, July 8

July 8

You are reading from the book "The Language of Letting Go."

Going with the Flow

Go with the flow.

Let go of fear and your need to control. Relinquish anxiety. Let it slip away, as you dive into the river of the present moment, the river of your life, your place in the universe.

Stop trying to force the direction. Try not to swim against the current, unless it is necessary for your survival. If you've been clinging to a branch at the riverside, let go.

Let yourself move forward. Let yourself be moved forward.

Avoid the rapids when possible. If you can't, stay relaxed. Staying relaxed can take your safely through fierce currents. If you go under for a moment, allow yourself to surface naturally. You will.

Appreciate the beauty of the scenery, as it is. See things with freshness, with newness. You shall never pass by today's scenery again!

Don't think too hard about things. The flow is meant to be experienced. Within it, care for yourself. You are part of the flow, an important part. Work with the flow. Work within the flow. Thrashing about isn't necessary. Let the flow help you care for yourself. Let it help you set boundaries, make decisions, and get you where you need to be when it is time. You can trust the flow, and your part in it.

Today, I will go with the flow.

©1990, Hazelden Foundation. All rights reserved.
Old 07-08-2015, 03:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you (((Honeypig))) .. hope all is well with you.
Old 07-08-2015, 03:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Good stuff!
Old 07-08-2015, 03:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well, I guess my HP really wanted to hammer this point home for me, b/c a day or two ago I got this in my email from a food site called "The Naked Bite" whose blog I subscribe to:

"Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend." -- Bruce Lee

"Be like water", Bruce Lee said. My husband Anthony has adopted this saying lately and we have taken to saying "flow like water" whenever a situation pushes back at us or there seems to be something in the way. When I hear the words, I am instantly reminded to accept the flow in the direction it is going, not as I had expected or wanted it to go.

So much of our suffering comes from wishing that things are not as they are. I am a firm believer that things unfold the way that they are meant to, no matter how uncomfortable it seems. The more fluid we are in acceptance of what is, the less we suffer and the more we open our lives to opportunities we may never have dreamed of. There is always a lesson in everything, no matter how seemingly small or insignificant. We never know from what we may be protected or why our river must flow in a different direction, but we must trust and keep flowing. Often the hardest lessons are the most profound and transformative.

Trust in the flow of life and you will see...
Old 07-08-2015, 07:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for posting this, HoneyPig! I especially love the Bruce Lee quote about water. It really resonates with me.