The quacking...it burns!

Old 07-07-2015, 07:12 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Back when I actually still talked about his drinking with him, I heard countless times "you've gotta give me a few days to cut back" and "I never said I would NEVER quit." Quack quack quack.
Old 07-07-2015, 09:39 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Lol, I am a snob too. And I need to get off my high horse.
Old 07-08-2015, 08:03 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Man, y'all should hear the passive aggressive crap going around my house these days. AH will rant endlessly about his current jobsite, and then end with a scathing "not that you care." If I walk out of the kitchen with something and haven't asked if he wants anything, it's proof of what a selfish person I am. And of course, the continuing "if you have money to leave me and move out, then you have money to give me to catch up on bills here." And "I have always been there to help you out when you've needed it, yet you won't help me."

I swear I'm downloading a quack ringtone and using it for him.
Old 07-08-2015, 09:27 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Me too, me too! In addition to thinking I'm perfect, I always want things done on MY schedule. He's going to get sober and quit smoking, just not on MY schedule...

Are you guys impatient, too?
Hahahahahahaha Honeypig, I ALWAYS want everything done MY WAY, RIGHT AWAY (me and Burger King, apparently). Don't you know, it's unfair to expect big changes RIGHT AWAY?!! That one gets funnier to me, every year that passes from the first time I heard it, circa 2011....
Old 07-08-2015, 09:38 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Man, y'all should hear the passive aggressive crap going around my house these days. AH will rant endlessly about his current jobsite, and then end with a scathing "not that you care." If I walk out of the kitchen with something and haven't asked if he wants anything, it's proof of what a selfish person I am. And of course, the continuing "if you have money to leave me and move out, then you have money to give me to catch up on bills here." And "I have always been there to help you out when you've needed it, yet you won't help me."
Wisconsin, you deserve a medal or something. Partly because you are managing not to strangle him with your bare hands. My annoyance and frustration would be absolutely through the roof. I've sometimes wondered, can a person spontaneously combust from sheer frustration?
Old 07-08-2015, 10:15 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

One of the very first pieces of advice I received when I found a different Al Anon recovery message board was to imagine the words "sick sick sick" flashing on his forehead when he talks. I make use of that A LOT.
Old 07-08-2015, 08:26 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wisconsin View Post
I feel the same way! I love me some Amy!!

Honestly, for years one of the excuses I made for staying was that if I left, it would prompt my AH to spiral big time. I'm sure that is the case--his drinking has escalated in recent weeks, to go along with the increasingly crazy quacks. I just no longer feel the need to go down with the ship.
Yep, they are responsible for themselves just as we are for ourselves. We don't need them to be the anchor that's sinking our ship. Hugs to you, friend. I remember being where you are and literally counting the days.
Old 07-09-2015, 09:24 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Given we all know everything, between us you would think we would have found a cure wouldn't you? Or at the very least achieved world peace, ended world hunger, made our millions and become grand high chiefs of everything.

Poor things, of course they drink, they just can't compete! Lol
Old 07-09-2015, 01:50 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Well my "snobby" friends - I will let you in on a little secret -
The reason my now ex AH drank & drugged was because "not everyone can be like God like me"

So my recovery tells me "There is a God and I'm not Him" I guess my ex missed that part in his meeting.
Life became so much better when I just quit attending all the arguments ~

Wishing a peaceful, pinkful weekend to each of you!
Old 07-09-2015, 02:43 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

"not everyone can be like God like me"
And not everyone can be perfect like ME! Except, of course, all of you fine folks I'm sure are equally perfect. I'm sometimes known as "Ms. Perfect," too, or even "Little Ms. Perfect" which I could really do without...
Old 07-10-2015, 05:54 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Boy howdy, we had another doozy last night. After I made a comment about being super tired for no real apparent reason, and how maybe I was just run down, I got the passive aggressive crap from AH that suggests HE works so much harder than ME, and HE is the one with the "right" to be exhausted, not me. But then it got even better.

Our little guy was in bed, and I was in my daughters' room (they are with their dad) reading the news on my computer. AH pokes his (drunk) head in the room because he is going to bed (pass out). He saw on my face that something was wrong, and asked about it. I had just read a news article that the wife of one of the people I work with drowned on July 4. When I relayed that information to him, he said "well, I don't know her, and I don't know him. Can't you just give me some attention and look away from that damn thing [the computer]?"
Old 07-10-2015, 06:18 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

OMG Wisconsin, what a nut! It's all about ME ME ME....

I am so very sorry for the loss of your friend.

TGIF!
Old 07-10-2015, 08:03 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Ha! How very sad, and despicable of him. What's so sad is that I knew this about me ex when we first started dating-he told me the reason his ex had broken up with him (12years ago now) was because one of her students died and she was having a rough time with it-when she tried to lean on him/my ex, he told her to get over it and he didn't see what the big deal was. Good for her for moving on and lashings for me thinking he would be different with me/our family. Bingo-he already was a selfish alcoholic then-just didn't want to see it.
I'm so sorry for your pain/sadness over your friend-WE are here for you and care. And WE are all perfect and Gods among men!! (I hope you know this is sarcastic!)
Old 07-10-2015, 10:52 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I had just read a news article that the wife of one of the people I work with drowned on July 4. When I relayed that information to him, he said "well, I don't know her, and I don't know him. Can't you just give me some attention and look away from that damn thing [the computer]?"
Just, wow. So insane. And somehow still not shocking. Just think how different your daily life will be without this.
Old 07-10-2015, 07:26 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I am so excited to be out of here and in a space where I can rebuild my life in peace.

Tonight's gem:

Me: "Oh no! Omar Sharif died!"

AH: "who?"

Me: "Omar Sharif."

AH: "I actually know who that is. That news just ruined my night!" With the obvious tone, of course, that it is my fault that his night is "ruined."
Old 07-11-2015, 05:32 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

And tonight! TONIGHT! AH comes home from work, relaying a story of dubious truth about some "discussion" he had with a woman and her husband at the local sporting good store about politics. The story ends with AH declaring that the world would be a much better place if there were more people like him.

GAH!!!!! I'm still not sure how I managed to not laugh at that one.
Old 07-11-2015, 05:38 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Wisconsin.......LOL! LOL! It is not too l ate of him to still run for President, you know.......

Haven't you always heard that the last mile of any journey is the L...O...N...G...E...S...T..... ?
I can assure you that is the truth!

You should add these last stories to our Quackers thread....

dandylion
Old 07-14-2015, 08:28 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Wisconsin-I just returned to this thread to read the latest responses. My oh my-we must have married the same people!!!! My ex (already well into a lot of drinks when I got home with the kids one night) proclaimed (while whisper talking-dead giveaway he's been drinking a lot) that he had to go meet with some friends to discuss a very serious matter and that he'd be home later. Got home later and told me he was going to run for mayor. I almost laughed out loud!!! To be honest, he's brilliant and has a lot of good ideas-seriously-but his demons won everything. Are their egos really this big?!? Makes me recall the couple of times he went to see my therapist-he quit going after she called him arrogant. Truth hurts.

Wisconsin-I'm rooting for you!!!
Old 07-14-2015, 09:02 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I guess this is called the grandiose plans of an alcoholic...what makes it sad is it just turns into a life of "could have been...fill in the blank (run for mayor, had a loving marriage, raised my children as a sober parent, etc). Anyway, it's hard to listen to the drunk delusions-sometimes I laughed, sometimes I cried secretly, sometimes I just got very sad seeing him get so far lost from his reality he himself created. I would have followed that man anywhere he asked me to go (china, the mayors office, etc) bc I supported him and wanted the best for him.
Anyway, totally digressed....just wishing you peace, W!
Old 07-15-2015, 04:40 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I have found a lot of amusement in your attitude toward the quacking - its nice to see you maintain a sense of humor.

When I was seeing a therapist a couple years ago in regards to my co-dependent behavior and tendency to feel guilty, and that I HAD to help those who contacted me my therapist made a suggestion. Change the name of the people in my cell phone to reflect who they really were. Kathy DRUNK, Chris PSYCHO, Allen LIAR etc flashed up in my phone. I later went on to place photos that would also come up when they called. That part was just funny to me. Bottom line is it worked as a constant reminder what I was dealing with - and added some humor into the situation.

I like the quack ring tone. Too bad I didn't think of that to make it a perfect trifecta.