O/T some more from me, sorry

Old 07-05-2015, 06:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

O/T some more from me, sorry

Guess I don't expect any answers or responses.

Talked to my son tonight. I had sent him a big check and a card. I wrote a lot of things in the card, mostly thanking him, and all the friends, and especially his wife for all of this enriching my life. I thanked him for being him.

The check was not being talked about at all, and I don't want it to be. He called mostly to thank me for the things that I wrote in the card.

I do love him and all the friends of his that he brought into my life. I thank God every day for that.

Then he tells me that they are trying to get pregnant. I am all for this. She has bi polar. She is weening herself off of her meds. Already starting to feel it. Already starting to disregulate. She has a very high clearance from the government for what she does. She works with infectious diseases. (ebola for ex) hazmat suit and all that other stuff.

Don't even know why I am putting this out there. I think perhaps in the future I will need help, or I will need to help my son out. I love my daughter in law.

I am just wishing that everything works out, that she can withdraw from what she is taking now and that they can give her something to control her bi polar that won't threaten a pregnancy.

Like I said, don't expect a response, just had to get this out of my head.
Old 07-06-2015, 08:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh wow, that is a tough one. I would say just to encourage her to stay close with a medical/psychological team during this time.

Many hugs to you!
Old 07-06-2015, 10:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This is going to be a tough one, for sure. My sons support system includes me, and her parents. He hasn't told many about the bi polar. He did also tell his younger sister.

He told me last year that one time they had to change her meds because they weren't working right. She had gone into a depression stage where she began crying, grabbed a knife from the kitchen and locked herself in the bathroom. He did talk her into coming out of the bathroom, and got the knife away from her.

She is very good about taking her meds. Her job also depends on that. With her job, if she so much has a disagreement, or fight with my son, she has to report this at work, because they will not allow her in areas where the hazmat equipment is needed. Until she is weaned off her meds and put on different meds, she can't do the job that she loves, they have her doing other things.

I am just hoping that this works out. They want a baby so bad.

When I talked to my son last year about this, he told me they would eventually try this, but that if it didn't work out, adoption was still an option.

Also, she has never hidden the bi polar from my son. She told him about that on their first date.

I just worry, because I am a worrier. (lol) I think I would have preferred not to have heard about the time that they were changing up her meds, but I also think I needed to know that to know how to support both of them through this.

I love them both so much, and I am also happy that my son trust me enough to talk to me about this.

I also know this probably isn't the right forum to post this, but I trust everyone here enough to know that I have the best support system, for myself, right here.

((((((hugs))))))
amy
Old 07-07-2015, 08:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you!!! I don't have anything great to say, but loving and being there is all any son could ask for.

(((Amy)))
Old 07-07-2015, 09:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I feel ya. Same kind of situation with my son and his g/f with the eating disorder (who, so far as I know, still has not returned home). Hard when there isn't a whole lot you can do to help.