Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

Well the issue of how to handle the holiday resolved itself...

Old 07-04-2015, 07:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Our son fell asleep in the late afternoon for a couple of hours. While he napped, AH sucked down a ton of beers, and was wasted by the time our little guy woke up. AH interacted with our son, made dinner for him, watched him eat, and then went upstairs to "take a short nap" around 6:30 p.m.

My son decided he would rather stay home and build Legos than go out to watch fireworks. Then we dragged the mattresses into the living room for a "camp out" with the dogs (one of whom is too arthritic to make it up the stairs to the bedrooms), so they won't be so scared by the fireworks.

AH plodded down the stairs at 9:30, demanding to know why I didn't wake him up to go see fireworks. Then he asked what time our son woke up (even though he spent about 45 minutes with him after our son got up). Then he declared that "what is wrong with our marriage" is that I would rather be on the computer than talk to him, and he went back to bed.

I cannot WAIT to get out of here. I saw another apartment today and put in an application as a backup plan. The complex isn't as nice as the first complex, but the apartment is a bit bigger (and a bit cheaper). More will be revealed...
Old 07-04-2015, 09:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ahhhhh GHEESH Wisconsin! I'm glad it was drama free for your little guy (sounds like it was as least?) Countdown is ON for getting you outta there!!
Old 07-04-2015, 09:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Btdt-I recall my ex would say the same things to me. Yikes. Glad to be out-and glad you're getting out! Best wishes to you and glad you made a memorable holiday with kiddo. Peace!
Old 07-04-2015, 10:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Counting down the days, I'm sure. Hugs to you and glad that things worked out ok after all.
Old 07-05-2015, 04:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That light at the end of the tunnel is getting a bit brighter each day! You're doing great!
Old 07-05-2015, 06:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Glad it worked out as it did. Good job!
Old 07-06-2015, 06:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Ugh...how frustrating. I am so glad you are almost out of there! XXX
Old 07-06-2015, 10:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

prayers & good thoughts that the next holiday you spend - happy, joyous & pinkfully free!