It's over - thank you everyone

Old 07-04-2015, 11:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's over - thank you everyone

ABF and I finally ended it. He reacted a lot better than I thought he would and was pretty understanding. He readily agreed to move out, and has already found an apartment. He should be gone within the next week or so. In the meanwhile, he's staying at friends' houses. I know this is the right decision, and I think he does too. I'm definitely really really hurting right now (I'm proud that I've made it all day without crying once! That's an achievement!) but I'm trying to just let myself kind of embrace the grief. There is a part of me that is so excited to live the life that I want to live now...I've been making a list of all the things I want to do, like learn to play guitar, redecorate my apartment...etc.

I want to thank all of you in this forum. I come here to read when I'm feeling weak or doubting myself, and I always leave feeling strong and comforted. I don't think I would have been able to do this without the support I found here. I'm excited to stick around and hopefully return the favor to others.

Last edited by theseithakas; 07-04-2015 at 11:39 AM. Reason: typos
Old 07-04-2015, 01:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I'm so happy to hear this! Breaking up always involves a certain amount of grief, no matter how right it is, but it's great that it wasn't complicated by rage or manipulation--on either side.

And BIG congrats on reclaiming your own space. I think you will find it very freeing (even if you come up at loose ends once in a while).