SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Kiddo's g/f--more drama (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/370926-kiddos-g-f-more-drama.html)

LexieCat 07-03-2015 11:39 AM

Kiddo's g/f--more drama

So his dad called last night to tell me she "took off" again. I've been carrying the phone in case anyone calls, but hadn't heard anything, so I texted my son this morning. Apparently her dad told her he'd filed a missing persons report, so she flew out of state and is staying at a hotel and driving a rental car. My son's talked to her a few times. Sounds like she'd just trying to "escape" from life in general, not eating (or, rather, eating and purging), and says she will be back in a few days.

Son didn't want to talk, but I told him to call me if he did, and suggested he talk to SOMEBODY--a friend, or even to drop into an Al-Anon meeting.

So prayers and good thoughts for him and his g/f would be appreciated. G/f suffers from an eating disorder and is going through some other emotional stuff with mom terminally ill and pressures at work. She's been accepted to an outpatient program but hasn't gone yet.

Ugh. Not much I can do, other than what I am doing. I feel bad for his dad, who takes things much more to heart than I do, and is dealing with other emotional stuff right now, as well.

SeriousKarma 07-03-2015 11:53 AM

Wow, I'm sorry your son (and all of you), are going thru this. There's nothing worse than the waiting.

When does the outpatient program begin? Is she trying to avoid it?

((((((((hugs)))))))))

LexieCat 07-03-2015 01:24 PM

I don't know--about all I know about any of this is what my son has said in text messages (we had a short phone call the day they adopted the cat and didn't get into the details--he was in the store and she was there), and what his dad has told me. I asked if she was afraid of the outpatient program and he never really answered that. She's applied for FMLA leave, but has to see the therapist before that kicks in.

Butterfly 07-03-2015 01:47 PM

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. ((((Hugs))))

LexieCat 07-03-2015 02:25 PM

I feel sort of guilty now, I shouldn't have referred to this young woman's problems as "drama." Eating disorders are every bit as destructive as any other addiction. I was trying to be quick in conveying that there were more problems/crisis and used a poor choice of words. I don't think she is being self-indulgent (which is what "drama" sort of implies). I'm just worried about her and all of them.

*sigh*

biminiblue 07-03-2015 02:52 PM

Prayers for healing, Lex.

lillamy 07-03-2015 05:42 PM

Praying. This is difficult, difficult stuff. :(

Impurrfect 07-03-2015 06:17 PM

Praying for all of you.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy

guava 07-03-2015 07:41 PM

Sending positive thoughts to you and your family. (((Hugs)))

INgal 07-03-2015 08:49 PM

Hang in there, Lexie. Sending good vibes and healing thoughts.

Mango blast 07-03-2015 08:57 PM

Sending prayers for all of you. :grouphug:

theuncertainty 07-04-2015 04:56 PM

Wishing you all peace and continued strength. ((((hugs))))

LexieCat 07-04-2015 05:02 PM

No news today. Thanks for the good thoughts, everyone. I'll post when I hear something.

I did check with his dad yesterday, and Dad was out hiking (something he loves). I told him not to overdo it, and his reply, "Who, me?" with a crooked-smiley was reassuring. It kind of feels like everybody is falling apart over there--sort of like when everybody in a household gets sick at the same time. It's tough when everyone seems to be having their own crisis. It has me looking over MY shoulder to see what might be sneaking up on me.

theseithakas 07-04-2015 06:32 PM

Thinking of you and your loved ones...definitely keep us updated...

hopeful4 07-06-2015 12:32 PM

Hi Lexie...

I am just seeing this, wow, I am sorry. I hope she comes home and gets the help she needs.

XXX

LexieCat 07-06-2015 12:43 PM

Me, too--still no word apparently. I just called my dad and I can't tell him any of this crap. He's 87 and doesn't need to hear about stuff like this. I just told him everyone's "fine."

Ugh.

FireSprite 07-06-2015 01:40 PM

She's in my prayers too Lexi, I really feel for her. Eating disorders are no joke & I pray she hangs in there until her treatment starts. ((((Hugs))))) all around!!

SeriousKarma 07-06-2015 04:45 PM

I'm so sorry Lexie.

gleefan 07-06-2015 07:15 PM

Lexie - I'm so sorry that the people you love are struggling. It's inspiring to see you apply your recovery to your challenges.