The Language of Letting Go, June 19

Old 06-18-2015, 11:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Language of Letting Go, June 19

June 19

You are reading from the book "The Language of Letting Go."

Making Life Easier

Life doesn't have to be hard.

Yes, there are times we need to endure, struggle through, and rely on our survival skills. But we don't have to make life, growth, recovery, change, or our day-to-day affairs that hard all the time.

Having life be that hard is a remnant of our martyrdom, a leftover from old ways of thinking, feeling, and believing. We are worthy, even when life isn't that hard. Our value and worth are not determined by how hard we struggle.

If we're making it that hard, we may be making it harder than it needs to be, said one woman. Learn to let things happen easily and naturally. Learn to let events, and our participation in them, fall into place. It can be easy now. Easier than it has been. We can go with the flow, take the world off our shoulders, and let our Higher Power ease us into where we need to be.

Today, I will stop struggling so hard. I will let go of my belief that life and recovery have to be hard. I will replace it with a belief that I can walk this journey in ease and peace. And sometimes, it can actually be fun.

©1990, Hazelden Foundation. All rights reserved.
Old 06-19-2015, 03:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This really hits home for me today. Thank you.
Old 06-19-2015, 01:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by honeypig View Post
If we're making it that hard, we may be making it harder than it needs to be, said one woman. Learn to let things happen easily and naturally. Learn to let events, and our participation in them, fall into place. It can be easy now. Easier than it has been. We can go with the flow, take the world off our shoulders, and let our Higher Power ease us into where we need to be.
I absolutely know that I make things harder than they need to be, way WAY harder much of the time. It is just such a foreign concept to take it easy, to let it flow, to have FUN, for god's sake! If I'm not working hard at it, how in the world can I expect it to happen?

Yep, letting go is important in so many different ways...when I was talking to my reiki/massage gal, I mentioned how I really couldn't feel the outgoing reiki energy when I gave a reiki session, and I needed to work harder at that. She smiled and said "nope, you need to take it easy and trust that it is happening..."--and that is so hard for me to do.