Email from my dad today

Old 06-18-2015, 08:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Email from my dad today

Sheesh-email from my alcoholic father today...riddled with mispellings, things that made no sense, etc. It was sent around noon so it's safe to say he was one bottle of wine in to the day already. He called later to chat and I did not speak with him. My boundary. Has been like that for a long time. I realized that I tried so hard to do that with my ex....but that meant that each and every night and all weekend long I would not be interacting with my own husband-doesn't leave room for a relationship. My dad is brilliant...but I've seen as I've grown up his desire to do anything other than sit and drink go away. That's all he does now. I watched my ex go down the same road...and be irritated that I dare expect him to spend time with me or his kids or be ther when we needed him. It's such a crappy disease. I have no relationship with my dad other than money. He has helped out immensely in that dept which is ironic bc he knows why I left my husband. And now my only relationship with my ex will be money-if I ever see a dime. Interesting. Sick to my stomach that the two men in my life, my dad and husband, both chose the bottle over their families....and just about crushed me to my core. But they didn't know I'm a survivor and a thriver and will not let alcoholism take one more ounce of my being-or my sweet little girls spirits and lives. To alcoholism? I give you a big F you tonight from Texas. You're not welcome in our lives any longer. Peace and thank God for setting my feet on solid bedrock and not shifting sand. It's nice to know that I am only responsible for me-they're on their own.