Still trying to re-stablish contact. Now via family members.

Old 06-15-2015, 11:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Still trying to re-stablish contact. Now via family members.

So, yeah. Exabf is trying "hard" to re-stablish contact.
My brother said something to me since he was worried I still had something to do with ex.
Apparently, my ex told my brother that he wants to know if he could give me a present. He ordered this present when we were still together, I think it was from another country.... And now that he has it, he wants to give it to me....

He (brother) told him (exabf) I'm not interested. Wich is correct...

I felt a little down by knowing this. He's still attempting to re-stablish contact, but since I already went through all this crap it just saddens me that he seems to be oblivious about why in hell we're no longer together anymore:
1) He has alcohol issues.
2) He has lied to me multiple times and I no longer trust him.
3) He dumped me for the second time.
4) He has insulted me multiple times.

And so on....

Since my brother already told him to basically go far, far away from me, and stay in there, I know I shouldn't do/say nothing to him.
I won't.

But it is just so annoying. It's been very hard for me not to contact him and basically stay away from him, so this things just make me feel like he really doesn't know what the hell I'm feeling.

Sorry... It was a vent...
Old 06-15-2015, 12:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

He doesn't know and isn't concerned about your feelings. It's all about him-as he's proven. Stay away until he recovers...or forever. Your choice!
Old 06-15-2015, 12:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Forourgirls is right. Your feelings are not an issue here. Even if he understood them it would be a miracle if he attributed them to anything that he has ever said or done.

You can ask your brother, friends, and other family members that you are not in a place right now where you can hear anything about your XABF without letting it get to you. They are more likely to respect your feelings than your ex.
Old 06-15-2015, 12:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Forourgirls View Post
He doesn't know and isn't concerned about your feelings. It's all about him-as he's proven. Stay away until he recovers...or forever. Your choice!
I don't think he ever will.
And I don't think I could wait for him to do it, not any longer.
Old 06-15-2015, 12:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SparkleKitty View Post
Forourgirls is right. Your feelings are not an issue here. Even if he understood them it would be a miracle if he attributed them to anything that he has ever said or done.

You can ask your brother, friends, and other family members that you are not in a place right now where you can hear anything about your XABF without letting it get to you. They are more likely to respect your feelings than your ex.

Yes, I asked him to stop communicating with him
He said he did it because he is worried that I will go back to ex.
No one in my family wants me to go back to him.
Old 06-15-2015, 12:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

You cannot stop your brother from communicating with him, but you can tell your brother to not say anything about him to you.
Old 06-15-2015, 12:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Sounds like your brother's heart is in the right place but he is clueless about what will be helpful to you. Try explaining to him that NOT hearing ANYTHING about him is what's most likely to help you get past this.

I don't think you can control whether your brother talks to him or not--that's his business--but you can ask him not to report anything to you.
Old 06-15-2015, 12:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Suki and Lexie... Yes, my brother has the best intentions, I know him.
He isn't friends with my ex at all, and he didn't initiated the conversation.
My brother just wants to make sure I'll stay away from my ex, wich I think is good given the situation.

However, I already explained to him that it makes me confused to keep on hearing this stuff. So I think that was pretty much it. He is very respectful. I know he will never tell me anything else about exabf, from now on. Thanks for your support.