Longlivediva Embraceing Loneliness

Old 08-26-2004, 12:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Longlivediva Embraceing Loneliness

Hello All. I hope all of you are well. It is good to be back on the boards again. Just wanted to quickly drop a note to say that I am feeling a very huge VOID. It's somewhere in my body and I can no longer fill it up with trash. I've gotten to a point where I want to face my loneliness and deal with it. No more filling the void with the wrong men and buying them motorcycles. A year ago I bought a motorcycle for someone i was dating at the time and it has cost me a great deal of money. Now that I've gotten that monster out of my way...I am facing and fighting other monsters that come along. Regardless becuase I am better able to decipher who is not good for me I find myself awfully lonely. Just lonely in general. What do folks do when they are lonely, to make the pain go away?
Old 08-26-2004, 12:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

long - i don't often get lonely - i always enjoyed by myself time.

is there something you can do to get out amongst people in general - a museum, the zoo, something else you might enjoy?

sorry i can't help - hopefully others will give you some ideas.

hugs - cwohio
Old 08-26-2004, 12:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

Hey longlivediva,
Good to hear from you. I have helped fill the void by getting involved in an Al-Anon group. There are so many positive loving people there. All we have to do is go and we get healing and love. Exploring why I was drawn to sick people has helped me identify and learn to get my needs met in healthy relationships. It's worth checking out. Hugs, Magic
Old 08-26-2004, 12:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I joined the gym to better myself. Lost 15 pounds, two sizes and gained muscle (in my heart and my body). Did me a world of good. I'm still going 2-3 times a week.
Old 08-26-2004, 12:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Barn Goddess

What are you passionate about?
Go out and DO it! If it's something like working out or playing tennis, you're sure to meet others who share your passion - that's how friendships and relationships start out (usually), with shared interests!

"Just do it"
Old 08-26-2004, 01:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Diva,
I have felt lonely many times in the past. SOmetimes when there were other people all around me but I felt they just didn't get me or care about me or relate to me. this made me feel all alone. Hey I understand about buying your SO a motorcycle, I did that for hubby and I am sorry- a major money drain. I agree with majic, Alanon people are so open and willing to talk about what is really going on and what really matters that it makes me feel less lonely. SOmetimes I can't make the pain go away and I just have to let it come and it does pass. (((((((((Diva)))))))))
Old 08-26-2004, 02:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I had an ex who was pretty much married to his Harley and I supplied him with the place to live and exist so that he could afford to buy it!

I agree with what many have said - getting active really helps me. I just registered for a 4 week/5 days per week/90 minutes per day boot camp with some ex-army guys. They promise to "leave no soldier behind" so I'm really pumped about it. I don't even like working out but I need to challenge myself and take my mind off of the crap.

I will also attend an Al Anon meeting in September. I recognize I need to find out who I am again and these are just a couple of ways of doing that. Being here helps too!

Hang in there, day by day, it get's better.