He's not a fixer upper

Old 05-31-2015, 02:37 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Liz.....I always liked the cartoon bird (I think he lives in Arizona)....who is always going about 100miles per.hr.
I was only referring to your ability to get more done in one day than two other people!!!!!!!!

hmmm.....do you think that had anything to do with your husband's tendency to get easily frustrated with every little thing?

dandylion
Ha, isn't that what most women do? Remember the old 70s perfume commercial? I can bring home the bacon, fry it up in the pan, etc??? Yet, I also remember it's antithesis: the Calgon commercials! LOL, some days I truly do feel like I need Calgon to take me away!
Old 05-31-2015, 03:51 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Lol!! I have add as do all three of my children. Dinner time at our home is quite entertaining as our medicine has worn off by then. We all have a difficult time focusing and getting things accomplished. So when I see or hear of someone that is able to accomplish a lot, I am pretty sure they do not suffer from this dreadful condition.
Old 05-31-2015, 03:52 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

And good for you Liz to go and have fun and enjoy yourself and your life with the right attitude! I applaud you!
Old 06-01-2015, 06:35 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by searching peace View Post
And good for you Liz to go and have fun and enjoy yourself and your life with the right attitude! I applaud you!
Thank, searching peace!

And, after all my crap in my mind the other day, I had a great phone conversation with my man yesterday and realized that I am the one with the crazy brain, LOL. Thank god I have a very well used copy of Codependent No More on my bookshelf!
Old 06-01-2015, 03:03 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

The brain crazy making gets me too! Most days I can just sluff it off, but there are times when it lasts a few days until finally I pop! Usually though, I hate being impulsive, so I try to talk about what's bothering me instead. (I end up coming across like I dont care, but years of impulsive over-reaction taught me to calm down first) Even though my ex is an A, and even though he is an ex, he was always so understanding of my nonsense. Most of my thinking messes have been unprovoked :-P
Old 06-09-2015, 09:49 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Just got back from a weekend trip to San Fran with my new man and everything went great. No red flags still, LOL. His friends praised him to me and told me I wouldn't find any better than him (after they gave him grief and teased him a bit at first) and then told him that he found a good woman who is pretty with a great sense of humor and is intelligent, too.

Things are going well and my divorce will be final later this week. I checked the court docket and found that things will be done soon. Very excited but nervous too.

My new man is a financial planner and is helping me get my portfolio balanced and we're working on a plan so that I don't go broke in 2 years, LOL. I was a stock broker years ago so I truly appreciate his guidance and, along with my own smarts, hope that I can get myself on a better financial track than I've been on in the past.

My job sucks, but hey, at least it's a job and I'm feeling good about myself and my career path. Things are going well with my son and my X and they are bonding quite a bit now. I'm excited for the future and I wish it hadn't taken me so long to move out and file for divorce. I never imagined that I'd feel this good about life!
Old 06-09-2015, 09:57 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Lizatola, that is such awesome news!!! I am so happy for you! I love living vicariously through you. You definitely are giving those of us still trying to get out, something to hope for! It is wonderful to hear you are so very happy and in a normal healthy relationship! You deserve all of the blessings life has to offer. Enjoy this fun!!
Old 06-10-2015, 04:20 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

What a great update
Old 06-10-2015, 08:33 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Wow, Liz, what a change in you in such a short time! It is amazing to me to see how quickly & how well you are adjusting to your new life after you struggled with whether or not to leave for so long.

Just one year ago you were here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...hey-binge.html

But months later you are all sunshine & smiles & back from a weekend away with the new boyfriend. I'm really happy for you!!

Old 06-10-2015, 09:00 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

So happy for you Liz - you sound great!
Old 06-10-2015, 10:16 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

So awesome, Liz! Congrats on your freedom and happiness!
Old 06-11-2015, 10:32 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FireSprite View Post
Wow, Liz, what a change in you in such a short time! It is amazing to me to see how quickly & how well you are adjusting to your new life after you struggled with whether or not to leave for so long.

Just one year ago you were here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...hey-binge.html

But months later you are all sunshine & smiles & back from a weekend away with the new boyfriend. I'm really happy for you!!

wow, how much can change in a year!!! Crazy! I got a phone call from a friend whom I had a bit of a crush on about 6 months ago. But, I didn't pursue anything because I was still living with AH. He called me this past week and told me he was waiting for my divorce to be over so that he could pursue me. I was flattered, but had to tell him about the new guy. My friend is 2500 miles away, too, so since I'm not into long distance stuff, I knew I would have to forgo exploring anything with him despite how flattered I was.

So, I wonder what a post a year from now will look like, LOL???
Old 06-12-2015, 07:08 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by searching peace View Post
Lizatola, that is such awesome news!!! I am so happy for you! I love living vicariously through you. You definitely are giving those of us still trying to get out, something to hope for! It is wonderful to hear you are so very happy and in a normal healthy relationship! You deserve all of the blessings life has to offer. Enjoy this fun!!
Searching Peace, I think you should go back through some of my threads from 1-2 years ago to see where I was at. It might really open your eyes to just how much can change when we decide to finally make that decision to step out in faith. I was NOT in a good place and I fought change and leaving my marriage for 3 years easily. This did not happen overnight although it may appear that way to some who are newer here.

The past 3 years was a slow process in growth and many times I was taking steps backwards and beating myself up for it along the way. Time has healed my wounds, Al Anon has saved my heart and soul, and today I can say that I am free. You will find your way, too, but just know that it's always in God's perfect timing.
Old 06-12-2015, 10:04 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Liztola, I went back and read some of your older posts. I am sorry for what you and your son have gone through. I do know how difficult things are for most of us on the friends and family side. It is wonderful to hear about happiness for one of us that has managed to leave the situation. Thank you for suggesting I read some of your past post.
Old 06-13-2015, 12:41 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lizatola View Post
I'm excited for the future and I wish it hadn't taken me so long to move out and file for divorce. I never imagined that I'd feel this good about life!
I just logged on today for the first time in a long time and was so happy to find this thread.

That quote above sounds like the exact same thing I said after I finally found the courage to end my marriage to an alcoholic.

Congrats on the new life!

L