How incredibly sad

Old 05-19-2015, 12:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How incredibly sad

My oldest graduated kinder today...what a blessed and emotional day so far! I've been crying .... Just goes too fast! Anyway, my ex actually showed up to the ceremony, albeit very late and smelled like a bar (yep-two other parents made comments as he walked by about the smell). He looks horrible. As much as I want to grab him and shake him and say....look at what YOU are doing to yourself-and to your life....I dont. His life, his choices, his consequences. It so hurts to see someone you love careening off the tracks. Saddest part of today was at lunch when my new graduate announced that she couldn't believe dad showed up bc he never does and that she was happy at least today he was nice to her, because he's usually not nice and asked me at lunch, " mom-why does daddy smell yuck?". It was a lovely celebration of a huge step in her life and I couldn't be happier for her. Just sad seeing the downward spiral and knowing he has every ability to ask for help.
Old 05-19-2015, 01:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It is so very sad.

Just know that she will always remember who was there for her. Be very proud of that
Old 05-19-2015, 06:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I hope her observation breaks his heart enough to get it together. If it can penetrate the fog. Soon she will be old enough to understand his sickness and decide if she even wants him to be there. Either way, shed tears of joy for her milestones and know that you were there. She certainly knows it and will never forget.
Old 05-19-2015, 07:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's really sad. But you know, at least he made the effort to show up -- even if he was an embarrassment to himself.