Help, what do I do ?

Old 05-18-2015, 02:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help, what do I do ?

Morning everybody, I hope you are all well. As the title says I don't know what to do !? So my Mum is still in hospital which she has been in since last week. I am trying hard to step right back because I think this is what she needs to hit rock bottom, but it's so hard. I went to the hospital to take clothes and wash stuff but I didn't see her. Mum then text me saying she is heartbroken . I went to bed last night so sad and I really love and miss my Mum. I text her this morning and said I love and miss her . I'm so confused I don't know what to do. I can't stay on this roller coaster of addiction but I miss my Mum. Please help, what can I do ?
Old 05-18-2015, 02:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Don't be in a hurry to bring her home. Hopefully she will seek all of the professional help that's available for her while she is in the health system.

Mountainmanbob
Old 05-18-2015, 02:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for the post. I agree I want her to stay in for as long as possible. I'm not missing her being home I'm just missing having my Mum 😞
Old 05-18-2015, 04:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Why can't you be honest with her? I know she is struggling right now; however, now may be the best time to tell her that her addiction and problems associated with it are too much.

You have to break the cycle of coming to her rescue. It doesn't mean you can't see or talk to your mom - it does mean you need t set boundaries.
Old 05-18-2015, 04:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You could also request a (confidential meeting) with her doctor and lay out the facts of your case and your concerns for your mothers health. This at times helps to bring the doctors full attention to and for the patient.

MM
Old 05-18-2015, 11:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I agree, just be honest with her. Tell her that you miss her, but you cannot live with her addiction any longer.

I am so sorry.

Hugs. XXX