Deja vu

Old 05-10-2015, 03:42 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by healthyagain View Post
Thank you, and I send lots of hugs your way. You should not suffer this much. Time heals.

Is there anything you can do for yourself today to get your mind of the guy? Visit some friends? Any fun activities? The worst thing you can do is isolate yourself. And when you are alone, your mind starts wandering.
I went for a run and now I'm doing some homework. But I can't go out.
I got a punishment for hiding my relationship to my mom.

Thank you too
Old 05-10-2015, 06:37 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Good for you! I understand that you are grounded, but maybe you could talk to your mom about all this, just like you did on here? Do not expect that she will "unground" you, but if you open up and just let her know . . . Maybe she sees what a mature daughter she has, and talking does help.
Old 05-10-2015, 06:54 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by healthyagain View Post
Good for you! I understand that you are grounded, but maybe you could talk to your mom about all this, just like you did on here? Do not expect that she will "unground" you, but if you open up and just let her know . . . Maybe she sees what a mature daughter she has, and talking does help.
I did... She wouldn't let me out of the house for 4 months..
Now she won't let me out for 1 month, so I guess that was good.
nd I'm on finals in college, so I really can't go out that much anyways...
Old 05-10-2015, 07:16 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Do not believe anything this idiot says to you or about you. If he tells people and you that you are ugly, I am positive that is only about his insecurities and his issues and has nothing to do with you or the way you look. I have a daughter that is a couple years younger than you. If she was respectful of her virginity and protected herself like you did, I would be so very proud of her! I am so fearful that my mistakes will effect my children. Maybe some of the things your mom has gone through has had an effect on you and your self esteem. Try and do things that make you happy and remind you of that intelligent girl that you liked and felt confident being. Also after your exams are over and you have some free time, you might want to read a book called 'codependent no more.' You are extremely lucky that you are catching this now and that you can work on what you need to in order to have a healthy relationship down the road. I know this is hard, but be proud you didn't send texts and be proud you stuck to your morals. Time will heal this pain. Focus on you and try not to even give this jerk a thought. You are sooooo much better without him around!
Old 05-11-2015, 08:36 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by searching peace View Post
Do not believe anything this idiot says to you or about you. If he tells people and you that you are ugly, I am positive that is only about his insecurities and his issues and has nothing to do with you or the way you look. I have a daughter that is a couple years younger than you. If she was respectful of her virginity and protected herself like you did, I would be so very proud of her! I am so fearful that my mistakes will effect my children. Maybe some of the things your mom has gone through has had an effect on you and your self esteem. Try and do things that make you happy and remind you of that intelligent girl that you liked and felt confident being. Also after your exams are over and you have some free time, you might want to read a book called 'codependent no more.' You are extremely lucky that you are catching this now and that you can work on what you need to in order to have a healthy relationship down the road. I know this is hard, but be proud you didn't send texts and be proud you stuck to your morals. Time will heal this pain. Focus on you and try not to even give this jerk a thought. You are sooooo much better without him around!
Thanks for your words.
Parenting is not an easy task at all... So don't be worried. As long as your daughter trusts you, I'm sure things will be OK.
Can that book be found on the Internet? Many SR members have already mentioned it to me but I don't know if I have to buy it and I don't live in the USA...
Old 05-11-2015, 07:52 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

It is on the Internet the title is Codependant No More. And the author is Melody Beattie. You can get it in Amazon. They have it on audio at audible.com
Old 05-12-2015, 06:49 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by searching peace View Post
It is on the Internet the title is Codependant No More. And the author is Melody Beattie. You can get it in Amazon. They have it on audio at audible.com
Ok, thanks!