Really?!?!

Old 04-22-2015, 01:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation Really?!?!

I'm having a very good week. My health is improving. I'm finding/remembering/doing things that support that. I'm taking responsibility (in balanced, good ways), not taking on the world or trying to interfere or fix anyone else's hoola-hoop. I'm learning how to care about others in healthy ways and also give them the honor and dignity of taking care of themselves. I'm letting go of insecurities (in baby steps) and starting to make friends (slowly, slowly).

Life is good. It's a journey, not a race. Progress, not perfection.

ktf
Old 04-22-2015, 03:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Location: My mind wanders a lot, but I try to stay in the present.
Really ?!?! Why so surprised KTF? I'm not. You work hard on you. I'm glad to see that you're reaping some of the rewards of that hard work.

What are some of the things you're doing to support your health? I need all the pointers I can get.
Old 04-22-2015, 03:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi KTF,

Thanks for this.

Me too.

This week I have actually started to pay attention to what I eat again, and I exercised a fair bit today.
Old 04-22-2015, 03:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I worked out yesterday...anndd then I had cheese popcorn & a mango for dinner.
Fail...
Old 04-22-2015, 03:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Self-care is important. And it sounds like you're doing it.
Old 04-22-2015, 03:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mnh1982 View Post
Fail...
Aren't popcorn and Mango quite low calorie / healthy?

Just curious.
Old 04-22-2015, 04:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SeriousKarma View Post
Really ?!?! Why so surprised KTF? I'm not. You work hard on you. I'm glad to see that you're reaping some of the rewards of that hard work.

What are some of the things you're doing to support your health? I need all the pointers I can get.
I'm feeling like, "Really? It does work? I just needed to trust the process, do the work, let go and let God?! That really works?? Yes!!

This is crazy. A good crazy. I haven't had patience like this since I was a teenager. All the many days I've believed and had faith, yet my mind kept going here and there. I'm still a work in progress, yet now I'm really starting to see the process paying off and it seems a bit surreal.

My apologies for the following being so long. Feel free to skip it!

Thankfulness. Working the Alanon program with a sponsor. Daily readings, etc. Healthwise, it seems to be a bringing together of all I've learned about myself in the past 2 decades, but somewhere there was a bigger purpose in it taking this long.

Iodine/iodide is important for me. I've had very fibrocyctic tissue and iodine helped quite a bit in the past, but then I got cherry angiomas from possibly the iodine pushing bromine out of my body. A few weeks ago I noticed the fibrocyctic breast tissue was worse than ever. I started on iodine/iodide again, but combined it this time with more that I've learned about gently detoxing.

I started going to local hot springs that have untreated water. This has been very healing. Much more balancing than any magnesium and other supplementing I've ever done.

I'm learning how to take care of me, and making that a priority. This has been a very long process in itself. It's easy to think about others and what they may need. It's been much harder letting that go and looking inward! Also taking time each night and most mornings for a self foot massage with essential oils and raw Shea butter.

Friends of mine have a Jersey/Guernsey milk cow that calved recently. I've been drinking a lot of raw milk this past week, including fermented milk, and am feeling very good. It's not one thing or another, but a lot of everything coming together as I work my recovery program and am making good healthy decisions for myself. I haven't tested any of my food allergies or intolerances and don't plan to, but even with working with foods all day I'm not triggering like I normally do. The brain fog is much, much less and now infrequent. Basically cutting out fruit several weeks ago seems to have helped also. Raw honey seems to be okay.

** Energy healing, the power of positive words, so much spiritual healing and learning patience throughout it all. Letting go of control and negative energies. Finding ways to physically, mentally and spiritually release it. **

The fibrocyctic tissue in my body is smoother and more normal than in more than a decade. Taking pregnenolone and DHEA some days, but not sure where it falls into play right now with everything else. Those used to be the most important things getting me through the day. Fish oils would be very good for me to put back on my daily list. Vitamin D has played a large role in my healing also.

I don't know where I'll be with this tomorrow or next week. That's okay. It a process that I'm learning from and all I'm sure of is that I have a lot more to learn.
Old 04-22-2015, 04:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CarmenLove View Post
Hi KTF,

Thanks for this.

Me too.

This week I have actually started to pay attention to what I eat again, and I exercised a fair bit today.
Congratulations! Here's to today!!
Old 04-22-2015, 04:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mnh1982 View Post
Fail...
Perhaps not so much right/wrong, succeed/fail as learning? Congrats on where you are!!

The Alanon three a's of awareness, acceptance, action have been life changing for me. Granted, it's been in very slow increments.

My awareness about my own actions has taken a remarkable amount of time. Acceptance even more so. Growth opportunities.