Confused about the relationship

Old 04-14-2015, 01:12 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

This is just it. That is it. I worked SO hard for this relationship to work. I loved him like NO other and I thought he loved me the same. Sigh..I pray for HER, whoever she may be. But I also envy her. She COULD be the one. She could live her life with him sober, getting the best of him that I worked EVER so hard to get. She could get him when he is loyal. It's the COULD'S.
Though the pattern shows he will not thrive another relationship, there is still that possibility in my head. And d*** it, why couldn't I be that woman for him?

Let's re work your "coulds". YOU could be the one for the wonderful man who appreciates you! YOU could be the one who brings out the best in a wonderful guy who's sitting around wondering where a great girl like you is. You could be the one having a life and getting the best of some great guy because he is healthy, sober and sane therefore . . . Ahem, HE HAS THE BEST TO GIVE!!! ACTIVE ADDICTS DON'T, CAN'T AND WILL NEVER HAVE THE BEST TO GIVE TO THEMSELVES OR ANYONE ELSE BECAUSE ALL THEY HAVE IS CRUMBS THAT YOU HAVE TO LEARN TO DETACH FROM TO STAY SANE! And you know what? You won't have to WORK for it with the healthy guy! He will be a partner you work with not for! That healthy guy will leave you energized and not depleted. You will be THAT woman for a good and deserving guy! Got it gorgeous?!

That said, give it time. The head is always running miles ahead of the heart. Brighter days are coming babe!((((hugs))))
Old 04-14-2015, 01:39 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by redatlanta View Post
[B]
You are NOT a doormat. What he deserves in life believe me he will get because we reap what we sew. What he doesn't deserve is your time, your thoughts, your presence, you caring, or your love.

Bye bye guy. Have a good time with Ms. Doctorate and then call your Mommy and report in so she can be so PROUD of her loser alcoholic cheating son.

Puh Lease.
I love this. It made me laugh out loud. Because that is WHAT HE IS DOING. Gosh, why couldn't I think of this?! BRILLIANT. Thank you ALL for sharing. I love this posting so much more- it's probably the best one I've had yet.