He checked himself in

Old 04-13-2015, 04:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

He checked himself in

So, he called rehab and they wouldn't take him due to the fact he has no insurance. So, he said he would drink until the hospital would take him. He did and he went today. I went by after work and he didn't speak to me so I left. He called me about 10 minutes after I got home and asked me to come back. I said yes, but that was an hour ago and I'm still sitting here. I'm just not sure if I should go back today, I said I would but he ignored me when I went earlier, I understand he is withdrawaling but really??? Still sitting here thinking.
Old 04-13-2015, 07:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I went for about an hour. We didn't talk much. I know he was only drinking for 3 weeks but I just keep thinking ... Wow, you really treated me lime s!@:! You went to the bar everyday and night. You didn't care how I felt or What was going on. You were completely disrespectful with your whole attitude. Today he gave me his wallet and said there $320 in it. Get whatever you need. Really? I also found out today that He borrowed 650from his boss to put down on the place he was going to rent. Well, he's negative in his account. We just sat there. I understand he is in withdrawal however, there was no I really screwed up, no anything. For 3 weeks I Sat in this house alone while he partied. I was on my own. Now he went to go get help again but I'm just not sure I want to do this again. It's always going to be there, the risk. Chances are this won't be the last time I will go through this him. I'm,going to try to catch up on everything and spend some time on myself. I hope He is gone for awhile to give me time to think. I need to figure out what I really want. Maybe he isn't for me. I thought I loved him so much so why now that he's getting help am I rethinking what I need to do? Serious soul searching time.
Old 04-13-2015, 07:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Take your time dear and give that time to yourself. If he is in active withdrawal, you're not going to get much. Ever been really really sick with the flu with fevers, chills, stomach distress the whole shabang. Could you really hold a conversation? He's in bad shape right now. The sorry may come, but much much later.

The risk will always be there, and you don't have to take it that's for sure. Or if you do, this may be a good time to figure out how to lay some ground rules to keep yourself healthy. Let part of that be staying here for sure and venting for your sanity! Good luck!
Old 04-13-2015, 08:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I just joined about a week ago and being able to vent and reading what people say about what I'm thinking has honestly been a life safer. I check to see if anyone has added their comments, I love the different comments and just the fact I feel like I can't talk and even if one person understands me ... The comfort I feel and just being able to speak my mind totally free is so releasing for me. I will continue to write how I feel and what's going on so I can get advice and also So I can look back and see how I felt. I can not thank everyone who has responded to me. I have a place to go and feel safe. THANK YOU!
Old 04-14-2015, 03:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Glad you get such comfort from SR I do as well.

No, I would not go back. No how, no way. Withdrawing is unpleasant and best attended to by the doctors and nurses there. No reason for you to sit on the sidelines and be verbally assaulted or given the silent treatment.
Old 04-14-2015, 09:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Hi Shelli, drinking's one thing, disrespect's another. Admittedly he's just started withdrawal, but refusing to talk to you then hauling you back in is pretty manipulative. Don't fall for it again if he ignores you.
I'm glad you have some time to yourself without having to obsess about what he's up to. Make the most of it, won't you?