It's ALL about HIM...

Old 08-20-2004, 11:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

It's ALL about HIM...

My husband of 3 years is an alcoholic. It's so nice to read these postings....He had me feeling as if I were the only crazy nut wife in the world. But, there is only one statement I have for AH's.....It's NOT all about YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know what I need to do, by finding my lost self again. It's ALL in my head, the perfect escape from hell. But, to start recovery for myself w/his sickness pouring over me every nite of my life, is so-so-so HARD!!!!!!!!!!!
I role play in my head, how I can make a better life for my children & myself time & time again.....it's just the first step of escaping his sickness that I don't know how to manage?????? Being his support system has long burned out, feelings for him are cold & bitter. I'm sickened to just look at him. The man I fell head over heels in love with....is a true to life monster...! And, this is all my fault? hummmmmm........
Old 08-20-2004, 11:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hey deewv23 - welcome - we all stumbled a bit when we first arrived. just ask if you have any questions. everyone here is great and helpful and supportive and knowledgeable and..........on and on.

cwohio
Old 08-20-2004, 11:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome deewv23 !
Figuring it out?
Looking forward to getting to know you.
L
Old 08-20-2004, 11:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

Thanks for the warm welcomes! This has got to be better than talking to myself all the time....
Old 08-20-2004, 11:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

deewv23 -
I remember the first day I started reading this board. It was such a relief to know that I wasn't crazy. It wasn't all in my head and I wasn't alone.

Sometimes I would get overwhelmed with everything I was learning. I decided to take it one step at a time.

You've already taken the first step in escaping his sickness - you've reached out for help. That wasn't so hard, was it?

Keep reading and posting. It's a journey and a learning process and you're well on your way.
L
Old 08-20-2004, 12:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

(((deewv23))) it's all about you my friend! love-alice
Old 08-20-2004, 12:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

Hey Dee,
Getting started with recovery takes baby steps. You already took one when you posted here. Make yourself at home. Read, post or reply. There is a lot of recovery here to draw from. One day at a time we are all getting better. Glad you could join us. Hugs, Magic
Old 08-20-2004, 03:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome dee, SR is a wonderful place. Keep coming back. I know I've learned a lot by being here.
Old 08-21-2004, 02:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I just want to welcome you. I remember feeling so overwhelmed in the beginning thinking none of the insanity was my fault. It's been a wonderful and miraculous journey so far but it hasn't been easy. I'm so glad you found some recovery for yourself. Life can be so much better. There is hope.

Love and Hugs to you!!
Old 08-21-2004, 02:47 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by deewv23
Thanks for the warm welcomes! This has got to be better than talking to myself all the time....
Oh it's much better than that.
Hey dee, welcome to Sober Recovery.
Old 08-21-2004, 04:01 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome, I hope you come back often because it helps.

I too started questioning when my husband would tell me I was the crazy one and I was responsible for ALL of the problems (including his drinking). I guess that realization is the first step toward recovery.

We may hit a few speed bumps along the way (as I have very recently), but keep on the path and eventually you'll get there.
Old 08-22-2004, 04:40 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
It's a Puggle!

Welcome deevw23. You've found a safe place, hope we keep seeing you around.
Paula
Old 08-23-2004, 07:52 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR VW!

Crazy Red
Old 08-23-2004, 08:23 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Welcome deewv23, I am also a new member and the help & support I have received has been tremendous. My AH also blames me for his binge drinking. Everything that happens is always my fault. It's just their way of getting rid of the guilt. I use to think it was my fault because maybe I wasn't pretty enough. I realized one day it was not my fault but his.....

Disappointed