SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Good News Update (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/36408-good-news-update.html)

eveie 08-19-2004 09:17 PM

Good News Update

Hello Everyone, sorry haven't posted in awhile, been a busy girl!!!!!!!!!
So much has happened so where do I start! I guess I will go back to where I left off where my last post I was irked, and I now know, for me anyways, thats what it took, was to get pissed off and have had enough! So...... I put away the kleenex, got done with the boo hoo's, the poor me's, the why me's, and said ya know? F@#K this!!! I DESERVE MY LIFE BACK!!!!! and I TOOK IT BACK! Friday the 13th, was MY lucky day. I went to a place here in town that is for elderly and disabled, and well, since I am disabled, I went called, went down, and explained my situation, through tears, had my divorce papers ( in case they check credit, HA, know by now cuz of my last x hubbie, who was ALSO an A, and ruined my credit, and who is 100% responsible for all community debts in them papers...LOL) and began the inch thick of HUD paperwork. ONE STEP AT A TIME!!! Sometimes, you just have to take it minute at a time, and that is exactly what I did. The lady I spoke with was nice, patient and went through each thing and we called for each bit of documentation she needed. I was amazed that my pharmacist, doctors, all faxed back the info asap, according to their HUD guidelines. Well, I had to go pick up one of the Dr ones, but NO PROBLEM, I was willing to DO WHATEVER IT TOOK to GET OUT OF MY SITUATION!! So that took about 2 hours. Then she showed me around. What a great place! They have a mandatory meal program, they go by 30% of my income!! THEY HAVE LIGHT HOUSEKEEPING...LOL I was amazed, relieved all at the same time, they even have a little garden where it has a fountain, and she said they have some freindly squirrels, so I will still get to feed the squirrels, (that was the hardest thing to give up here, my lil critters!)
Then...... She tells me, it will take a week or two to get an answer :yikes: So, I said ok, but asked to PLEASE see if they can rush it through!, She said she would do her best... now this was Friday the 13th! After that on to my doctor appoint, who took one look at me, my stress level, and was VERY CONCERNED! He also faxed over a document that said I would need an apartment with a bathtub ( if not ya just get one with a shower..YUCK!) and said also that I was disabled and told me I NEEDED OUT ASAP of this situation! I didnt say a word to the roommate, just came back went to my room, and just hoped that all this would go through. LATER that night, I GOT MAD!This is the SAME I remember walking out on the front porch, and having a chat with my HP, and boy, I really told him how I felt :aargh4: about things, and BEGGED him to PLEASE open a path for me! Then Saturday, the roommate takes off for his 3 day camping trip, Im thinking ahhhhhhh peace YAYYYYYYYYY! SO, I make plans for myself, I.E. a swim in the pool by candlelight, some nice jazz throughout the house, some meditation.... oh yeah, PEACE AND QUIET! (I did have a chance to write a wonderful poem called a tree and me, so I will remember the tree here which was my Serenity) but oh no..... within 24 hrs, there he is! Pulling up thru the backyard, with his negativity cloud, drunk bitching about the whole trip! I remember him bitching about the bugs and the way the birds were dive bombing him, and, as my friend so very well put it, even NATURE DIDNT WANT HIM THERE :biglaugh: So, Im grumpy, grrrrrr so much for my plans for those 3 days, and oh he knows it too , that night he sleeps in his van in the backyard.......that was Sunday...... Monday comes hes just staying in his troll hole, ( thats what I call the basement where his room is) I am grateful! I go to my f2f, pick up my letter from my doctor for school for my financial aide appeal to take to my voc rehab appoint on Wednesday and just stayed away for most of the day.....Tuesday comes, ahhhhh A Reiki session, first thing my Reiki teacher says, is she can feel the sadness, the session was just what I needed! After that , I went off to the park we have here, fed the ducks, took myself to lunch, and while I was downtown, stopped by to see how the paperwork was going on the place I applied for... IT WENT THRU! I about fell to my knees!! I cried, I laughed, I was so happy!! There were a few little details I needed to do, few more documents they needed, I was like what are they?? So, I went and ran to get them!! I stopped at the house, still no word to the roommate, got a call to do a city commission meeting in which I run camera, YAY 30 bucks for that... whoo hoo, needed that... went to do that! The check wasnt there, NO PROBLEM I have my voc rehab appoint in the morning right down the road, will pick it up then! so back to the house I go, and to my room, just thinking, WOW! Wednesday comes, I get up thinking YAY roommate should be at work, but OH NO, he calls in SICK... ARGHHHHHHHHH! NO PROBLEM! Im off to my voc rehab appointment, YAY they are going to cover ALL my tuition, ALL my books this semester!!!!! RELIEF, (THAT means, IF my financial aide goes through, ALL that will go to ME, and I can get out of debt a little bit!! )I am simply following the JUST FOR TODAY rules here folks! Sometimes, just for the hour, and KEEPING IT SIMPLE, but have to tell ya, there was someone up there looking over me!........ Now, after all this, running around, scrambling for paperwork, trying to get into this place, get my stuff in order for school, I stop down at this place once more to check on things, I've already changed my address in which she said was ok, YAY, and Im waiting for the total, cuz if yall remember, I had donated some clothes awhile back to Goodwill, and asked if they had boxes and they did, and had them stashed at my friends a couple blocks over, and when I stashed them there, I told him the story, and asked him if he could loan me the money to get out, didnt know the amount yet, but would he, he said sure!! HURRAY!...... so, I am there in the office of this new place, and now, she tells me I need to take my kitty to the vet, and the total is $332.26 I was like HOLY HANNA! and the vet is now going to charge me $45.00 for the visit, NOW I am losing it... Ive come SO far, oh PLEASE, Im thinking, OH PLEASE!!! I break down, she tells me about this place called Oppertunities Inc.(sp) they have emergency help, but I had heard its almost impossible to get help there, so I pull myself together and say ok!! I will get this together, she looks doubtful! BUT IM NOT STOPPING NOW!!! Im driving back to the house, talking again with my HP, saying come on, we've come this far!!! So get here, I talk to my friend online, where the boxes are, I said remember that loan? he says, how much and when you need it, I tell him, and hold my breathe as he types, the response? Ive got it right now, come on over! WOW!! AMAZING! At this point, the roomate goes to say something, I AM PISSED, HES DRUNK.. HA! I look at him and thats it, I tell him, I AM MOVING, I WILL BE GONE THIS WEEKEND, AND I WANT THE MONEY FOR THE PHONE BILL WHICH IS IN MY NAME, I HAVE PAID FOR 8 MONTHS AND I WANT IT NOW, what does he do? he looks at me, mouth open and WRITES ME A CHECK FOR $50.00!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant believe it!!! I am just in shock! I take it, and out the door I am, first to the bank to cash that check, there is the money for the vet! WHAM, solved! Then.... off to my friends, he hands me $350.00 CASH, I hug him in tears, thank him, hes also helping me move, BLESS HIS HEART!! I am off again, run down to the new place, and 5 min before the office closes, I hand her the money cash! HAHAHAHA the look on her face! I was here ya go! I will have the vet fax over kitty's info tomorrow, and we should be all set now, correct? She says yes we are!! ........ so here we are, Thursday night, 10 pm ...Most my stuff is packed, kitty is recovering from her shots... the info was faxed over, and oh did I mention that opp inc called this morning? THEY CAME THRU! so....... now, my first months rent is covered, when I called to make the appoint tomorrow to sign my lease, the lady told me that I will get a special next month and the mandatory meals will be free for the first month, soooo... my first month at my new, 1 bedroom apartment will be free! THANK YOU GOD!!! I AM FREE!! The roommate is gone this evening off with his son, as I look around I have very little packing left to do, so I think I will call it a night, I will be offline as of Saturday, but should have Internet back up and going by Monday or Tuesday!..... thats another thing!!! Since before I moved in here, when I called about that, and had perfect credit with them, they will give me FREE INSTALLATION... and let me pay the first bill, ( cuz ya got pay the first month in advance) on the 4th when my soc sec comes in, amazing? but wait? while i was doing all this running around, needing a phone, I had my cell with me, and needed it badly, I had it recently deactivated to save cash, I call the 611 number, and since I had perfect credit with them, wham, they turned it on IMMEDIATLEY!!.... So, to all of you, who think you are stuck,have lost hope, this is my story, I wont give advice, cuz thats what we arent suppose to do, this is my story, and if you read my other posts, you will see where I was... I love you all, I thank u all for your love, support, emails, pms, and most of all for being here for me when I had NOWHERE else to go!! I will be coming back soon....
Peace to you all, and to those of you who are afraid, and without hope, I say TAKE IT ONE DAY AT A TIME... KEEP IT SIMPLE... LOVE TO YOU ALL!!! Sorry such a long post, but wanted to update! ~ A VERY HAPPY EVEIE~

moonkat 08-19-2004 10:43 PM

Oh my goodness Eveie, look at you go girl. Congratulation to you on all you have accomplished in one week!!!! I am so happy for you, I just want to do the happy dance with you. Please keep us posted.

In love and light, moonkat

bjmt 08-20-2004 01:47 AM

Wow...Eveie. I had been watching to see what happened next with you. Was really worried. Happy to see you are moved. Your story is Awesome!!! :)

laurylady 08-20-2004 04:27 AM

Wow, Eveie, it sounds like things have worked out for you sooo well, I am so happy for you, big hugs & much love,
Laurie

eveie 08-20-2004 05:55 AM

One More Day........

((((((((Moonkat,BJMT,LauryLady)))))))))) thanks for your replies!!! yup Moonkat, here we go...tee hee :bundance ty for your love and support, BJMT, :wink3:Moving tomorrow!!!! YAY, but ty for your reply and your thoughts!! but the credit also goes to my HP for showing me that path!! Funny thing was? I hadnt spoken to him in so long I forgot how, so I just started like, "OK, its LIKE this...." and sometimes ya just have to Laurylady thanks for your love and support as well, and thanks for all your replies! :07:
One thing I left out, is going to that other meeting? The one I said I was going to go to the Womens one? WEll, Boy did I get my @$$ put in check by this older gal, at first I almost walked out, but something sat my @$$ in that chair, and said to me, "oh no you don't" as harsh the cheweing I got, it was an eye opener too... So prayers are appreciated for a quick move tomorrow as I make my GREAT ESCAPE...lol... and hopefully can round up some strong hands and trucks, I mean COME ON THIS IS MONTANA....ROFL!
Love and Light to you all!!!....ONE MORE DAY..... YAY!! But JUST FOR TODAY I will focus on myself, closure of this situation, getting everything ready for the move, SIGNING MY LEASE... and getting that KEY IN HAND THANK YOU HP, UNIVERSE, AND TO ALL OF WHAT IS UP THERE, WATCHING OVER US ALL! ~ EVEIE~
P.S... This is what I look like, see? Im finally getting strong/confident enough to post my picture...LOL... No darts please....rofl!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...s/me030304.jpg

cwohio 08-20-2004 06:17 AM

yea!

eveie - wonderful!!!!!!! i am so impressed with your whole story and how fast it worked out for you.

good luck in your new home and we'll be looking forward to hearing from you when you "re-connected"!!!

hugs to you - cwohio

Lorelai 08-20-2004 06:27 AM

eveie -
You go, girl. Your posts sound so confident and full of life. I'm so glad you found a wonderful place to live.
Keep posting and let us know how it goes.
We're all proud of you !
L

eveie 08-20-2004 03:08 PM

Friday.... Keys Are In My Hands!!

(((((((((cwohio,Lorelai)))))))))) thanks!!! I am proud of me too!!! and.......today is Friday, just got back here with KEYS IN MY HANDS :banana: Yup, IT IS OFFICIAL!! I just signed my lease, and walked around my NEW HOME, with arms wide open, spinning around, that landlady must of thought I was nuts, (well I am...tee hee) :tongue2: Its really happening! She even said I could start moving in boxes tonight!! WOW!! So, I have to have my pc and tv over to....(wow, here I go, I am going to say it for the first time....ready?...) MY PLACE....one more time....MY PLACE... omg, *pause* that sure feels good to say... ok ok, where was I, oh yeah, have to have tv and pc over at MY PLACE first thing cuz the cable guy will be there between 3-5 to hook up my cable and Internet, yep! They actually called me this morning, and said they had a cancellation ,and I will now have uninterruppted (sp)service!!! So, I will cut this short, cuz I am going to load up some boxes and head over to MY NEW PLACE... YAYYYYYYYYYYYY :fest30: .... so, love and peace to you all, ty for the kind replies, and talk to yall soon.... HUGE HUGS!!!!!!!!!

givingup 08-20-2004 04:05 PM

I read your post just as fast as you must of written it. The excitement just exuded from your words and has spilled over to all of us. Congratulations. You are living strong. You are amazing.

kfa2004 08-20-2004 05:52 PM

Hey eveie,
I am so happy for you. The ending to this part of your story gives me hope for mine. You Go Girl.
Kat

KcCrystal 08-20-2004 06:52 PM

You go my soul sister, I knew good things would come to you. Luv Ya :)

redrose0729 08-21-2004 08:58 AM

Ohhh evie I am soo happy for you. Good luck girl.

cwohio 08-21-2004 10:36 AM

eveie - God is good! wonderful to hear you are finally THERE!

hugs to you and let us hear from you from your new place often!!!!!!!

cwohio

greeneyes67 08-21-2004 02:00 PM

Isn't God Amazing? I just love those miracles that are just for us. Turning it over but doing the footwork works.

What an inspiration you are going to be someday to someone who is in the same situation. Your story will help a lot of people! Write those miracles down so you don't forget them.

Have a wonderful day~ Love ~Lenn

eveie 08-21-2004 08:21 PM

Home Sweet Home!

Hello Everyone! :wavey: Yes here I am in my NEW HOME...AHHHHHH! feet are swollen, I am exhausted, but as I exhale, I AM HOME! Even the cable guy was here today, as I moved in, got everything set up, and boom! WOW, to have breakfast here, well we get 2 meals, its like they serve it right too ya! WOW I can get used to this...LOL!!! Maybe now FINALLY I can my drs will let me off some off the meds that I am on that are so strong.... I can only hope! and yes the first thing I hung up?( cuz you cant just hang things , the maintance guy has to go it for you, HUD rules, old building) is my Let Go LEt God, I got some time ago at a thrift store, heh, there is a reason we pick up things, ya know!! :scratchch Must of been a reason there was that old nail in the wall....hmmmmm!
Thanks so much for the wonderful replies! and see? I am still HERE...LOL... naner Phil...lol... :shakin
Well, I cant begin to tell you all how nice it feels to not have to lock up my medications, not lock up my computer, soak in a NICE CLEAN bath tub, I am on the top floor with one heck of a view over the city, a little warm, BUT I DONT CARE....LOL... I AM FREEEEEEEEEE! and if there is anything left of me ...lol.. I plan on going to my f2f on Monday, start college the week of the 30th, so I am taking 2 online and one on campus classes; I have orientation for the online classes next friday so this week will be spent getting unpacked, new glasses, then picking up my books, then starting classes next week!..YAY...Wish me luck!
Well brothers and sisters! I think I am going to call it a night and kick up my feet and watch a little tv! God Bless you all, and Take care, TAKE IT ONE DAY AT A TIME AND KEEP IT SIMPLE!!
Take Care!!
A Happy, RELIEVED, Eveie

Zoey 08-21-2004 08:31 PM

Eveie Let me add how happy I am for you also. It is great, Take good care of you and keep us posted, HAPPY HUGS clancy46

eveie 08-22-2004 08:09 PM

Hello Everyone!

Here it is, Sunday..... AHHHHHHHHHHHH! AS I look out my window this evening, I notice I can see the beautiful flag that overlooks our town waving in the breeze, just awesome, cant even begin to tell you how that almost takes my breathe away!!! My view from the top floor is just awesome at night! Thanks, again for all your replies and support!! I spent most of my day unpacking, and last night the coolest thing? I went down to have a cigarrette kinda late, after a long day of moving in and unpacking stuff, and since im downtown, somewhere close a live band was playing, :band it was cool , nice breeze, here me in my simple clothes, no bars, nothing, just a back bench a nice breeze and an awesome band, too cool!! nice to see the city lights this high up! Another long day unpacking! will be rushing this week, school next! Tomorrow is my daughters 15th birthday, and I can only hope and pray she will never be in this situation, but if she ever is, I hope and pray to God she is strong enough to do what I did. That is my prayer tonight...She was born at 12:03 AM Aug 23rd 15 years ago... funny how time flies!!.. ok ok ok ... tears! Good night, God Bless!

CrazyRed 08-23-2004 07:41 AM

Right on!!

Eve- Wow!
That's all I can come up with -wow! You are strong, smart, and you didn't give up.
I was watching for your next post and Bam, you made it work.

:35:

Best to you,

Red

cwohio 08-23-2004 07:50 AM

eveie - your evening sounds wonderful - so peaceful - (finally!!!)

happy birthday to your daughter - you have set a wonderful example the past few weeks!

hugs - cwohio

eveie 08-23-2004 10:47 AM

Thanks everyone for your wonderful supportive replies!! Yes FINALLY peace and quiet!! I am enjoying a rainy day, spent the moring in the garden where a friendly squirrel came up to say hello, WOW! that was the coolest! I finally feel at HOME... thanks Red, but the REAL thanks goes to my HP, I asked for a path, and it just goes to show that NO MATTER HOW you talk to your HP, the response is amazing, I asked for a path, it was shown, I just followed it! Thanks cwohio, I am sure she will have the time of her life, just wish I was there, but there is a time for everything and time will pass and the 3 years will as well, and I will have her again! Talk to her everyday online, and her website is linked off of mine, I cried to see how she dedicated hers to me, and mine is to her... and the lil things she added just for me! I am so proud of her, and her talents as a web designer she did her page all by herself! She just told me she was awarded first chair flute in varsity band! I am a proud mommy for that! Sometimes, we have to make the hardest decisions in life; I made the decision a long time ago to break the pattern to not let her be the part of a life of poverty! I have to say, yes, I love her that much. Some disagree with that? But I had to put HER first, not myself. I am glad I made the decision to let her live where she lives. I am so very proud of her!!!!!! Still cant believe she is 15 today....LOL WOW...
Well, I am off to unpack more boxes...yikes, where did I get all this crap....rofl!!!
Love and light to you all, TAKE ONE DAY AT A TIME, KEEP IT SIMPLE, and keep in touch! My emails, messengers and website are on my profile! Love to hear from you all!!
Love you all brothers and sisters!!
Peace to you all today and always!