Going ballistic

Old 04-06-2015, 11:49 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

The funny thing is after the initial blow and the tears, I'm ok. It's not that he's moved on. That I knew months ago. He was mentally on to another even if he hadn't found her physically yet. Even his mom said in a truthful moment, he has a lot of mental work still to do. It's the fact that I feel stuck with his crap and all of the pshycic energy of it WHILE he has moved on. He has all of this freedom now and I'm fighting everyday just to stay out of my own head.

I like this idea of getting him his own space and him signing the contract. It's only $84 a month for the smallest unit and the first month is free. He's got a job now, so that would work. It's month to month so if he wants to let it sit for a few months, he can. I'm willing to take a day to separate our stuff and be done with it. Shouldn't have to, but heaven knows I have to be done with this. I will endure the short term discomfort of it for the long term freedom.
Old 04-06-2015, 11:51 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks Firebolt! I can't wait to see me too! She's in here somewhere!
Old 04-06-2015, 12:20 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I'd suggest calling the storage place and finding out what they would need for a contract to be signed elsewhere. Explain the whole thing to them, ask if they would be willing to allow someone to sign the contract elsewhere. It might need to be notarized or something--I'm sure the rehab has a notary on staff.
Old 04-06-2015, 12:59 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Just called the storage place. They are calling me back to tell me how we could have him do a contract.
Old 04-06-2015, 01:26 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Great. This is one of those things you ARE doing for yourself. I remember what a relief it was the day my last ex showed up with his son and got the last of his crap out of my place.

I suggest a ceremonial burning of sage or something when it's finally outta there.
Old 04-06-2015, 02:43 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I'm going to burn sage and re arrange the furniture. Just talked to the storage people. He just needs to sign it. Im going to have it notarized anyway. Now just to get it to him to agree to it.
Old 04-06-2015, 02:51 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I'd talk to someone from the rehab first so they can (hopefully) back you up on this. I wouldn't go into his allegedly being involved with someone there, yadayada, that's water under the bridge. Just tell them that since your relationship has apparently ended, you find it emotionally upsetting to have to babysit his belongings for the next 10 months, that you don't want to burden his parents (who are away for a couple of months anyway), and that you NEED to get it out of your home. Tell them you'd appreciate any help they can give you if he balks on it.

I'll bet they will push him to do it if he doesn't agree to it right away. I'd also send it to someone at the rehab to get it signed so you don't have to trust him to get around to it.

Hugs, it may work out just fine. Fingers crossed!