Day off feels strange

Old 04-05-2015, 03:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I feel utterly broken inside and out. My head hurts. It's my day off today, it feels strange being able reflect on the past few years for the first time ever without interruptions.. Anyone else experience a similar situation.. My head and body still feel the shock of what was.. I really am trying to get over it but far out I can't ignore the effects the chaos has had on my health
Old 04-05-2015, 04:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You just have to feel it. Experience it. I know how much you're hurting and I wish I could tell you there's some magic to end it. This is one of those times when the only way out is through. Not around, not over, but through.
I felt the same way when I got home from Iraq, and again when I left my ex. Those moments when you're so uncomfortable with peace and silence you're ready to jump out of your skin. You just have to let yourself feel it. I'm sorry.
The type of stress and chaos you endured leaves lasting effects on your mind and body. I know you're in therapy and doing all the right things trying to take care of yourself and your child, including a stressful court battle. I'm in a similar spot with my ex right now.
It's a weird feeling for a single mom to have free time. Like actually free. I always feel out of sorts when I don't have an "obligation" of some kind. Take care KI. I'm rooting for you. Thanks for this post. Keep on keeping on. Take care of yourself.
Old 04-06-2015, 01:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Today was a very very very hard day.. I am burnt out and frazzled .. My body isn't built for all of this stress. God I hate my sons father for the position he's put my son and I in. I feel physically broken from looking after my son on my own especially on days like today. Nightmare
Old 04-06-2015, 02:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi, I know it's hard with a little one. Mine is almost 1 and I'm on my own too. It's exhausting!
I know you said you should "get over it" but maybe it's more a case of accepting it. Don't be so hard on yourself.
Don't let the anger eat you up because you have your whole life ahead of you, you never know what positive things are lying ahead of you allow yourself to let go. Being trapped in the past, you might miss out on your future! The only person the anger is hurting is you, not your ex. You deserve so much more than to be permanently sad and angry. You deserve to be happy.
Hugs.