Soooo bummed

Old 04-02-2015, 03:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Soooo bummed

Well, I got a form letter back about the job I wanted....
Didn't even advance to an interview. So mad that AH didn't contact
her like he said he would.

I'm a freaking nurse, responsible for the care and lives of 30 or more
patients at a time and I can't even get an interview for a job feeding and
cleaning up after animals?

Sooooooo discouraged and sad.
Like WHY, WHY can't anything ever go right for me for once?!

Ugh.
Old 04-02-2015, 03:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Those kind of jobs get hundreds of applicants, it's tough to get an interview, and they may have already filled it.

There is something out there for you that isn't tied to him.
Old 04-02-2015, 03:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Psst!!!!

(whisper) --- all is as it should be.

Higher Power will get you the job that Higher power wants you to have. That thought alone is encouraging! You now know that you weren't "meant" for that job. Not because you are incompetent, but because HP has something else planned for you.
Cheer up friend, this too shall come to pass.

HUGS!!
Old 04-02-2015, 03:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freetosmile View Post
Psst!!!!

(whisper) --- all is as it should be.

Higher Power will get you the job that Higher power wants you to have. That thought alone is encouraging! You know know that you weren't "meant" for that job. Not because you are incompetent, but because HP has something else planned for you.
Cheer up friend, this too shall come to pass.

HUGS!!
At this point, I just want to say "F" the higher power.
I don't think there is anything out there working FOR me.
So pissed.

Sorry, I know you are trying to make me feel better, but dammit.
CAN SOMETHING GO RIGHT/GOOD FOR ONCE?!?!
Old 04-02-2015, 03:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sometimes it's just not right and you'll never know why. In this case, did you really want a job that your husband could hold over you and put you in his debt? Something better WILL come along. Maybe you're not meant to have a job in this area keeping you there?

Maybe there is a fantastic job waiting for you when your daughter is done school and you can leave. Somewhere else.
Old 04-02-2015, 03:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

yes, but at the same time I NEED A JOB.
Like ASAP. To eat and have hot water and for just basic survival.
Old 04-02-2015, 03:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pinkpeony View Post
At this point, I just want to say "F" the higher power.
I don't think there is anything out there working FOR me.
So pissed.

Sorry, I know you are trying to make me feel better, but dammit.
CAN SOMETHING GO RIGHT/GOOD FOR ONCE?!?!
Don't worry I'm sure HP gets that a lot....

Yeah, I know your ticked.

But I also know that I have worried and gotten pissed off before about similar things...it doesn't do us any good though to worry and get pissed over things we can't control. Hang in there Pink. I'm rooting for ya!
Old 04-02-2015, 03:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Have you looked into financial assistance for your utilities? Food stamps? Food bank?

I know you were counting on this "perfect" job, but there are others out there. Have you checked with temp agencies? I've relied on those a lot when I was in between "real" jobs. The unemployment stats continue to drop. There ARE places that are hiring. It may not be exactly what you want, but you can keep looking.

Retail sucks, fast food sucks, but it's work and a paycheck.
Old 04-02-2015, 04:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

pink....it always bites (hard) when we have our heart set on a job that we really, really, want...and we don't get it. It has happened to me so many times.

At the risk of pissing you off....I think this is when a gratitude list comes in (Can't something go right/good for once). We want hot water--but, some don't have enough water of any kind. Some children don't even have clean water...and die of disease because of it.

"I cried because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet".

I am not trying to be miss polyanna, here....but, sometimes if we think differently--it changes our feelings and moods.

(go ahead and hate me...LOL!!).

dandylion
Old 04-02-2015, 04:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
pink....it always bites (hard) when we have our heart set on a job that we really, really, want...and we don't get it. It has happened to me so many times.

At the risk of pissing you off....I think this is when a gratitude list comes in (Can't something go right/good for once). We want hot water--but, some don't have enough water of any kind. Some children don't even have clean water...and die of disease because of it.

"I cried because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet".

I am not trying to be miss polyanna, here....but, sometimes if we think differently--it changes our feelings and moods.

(go ahead and hate me...LOL!!).

dandylion
In fact Dandy, you were one of the first people to help me learn to incorporate this new way of thinking, so I know that changing perspectives can help
Old 04-02-2015, 04:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

free.....thanks. Actually, maybe I am giving the "positivity lecture" a l ittle too soon to
pinkpeony.
While I think a posture of positivity is extremely helpful in life---I also believe that "first we need to cry"....when deep disappointment hits.
When I have lost a job that I wanted--or, my kids have...or my late husband did....I would always say....."O.K. guys, we have 24 hours to cry and lick our wounds---then we h ave to get back on that horse".

Pink---I am sorry if I have pushed too hard, too soon.....
(You've got 48 hours to grumble).

dandylion
Old 04-02-2015, 04:55 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

While I am at it, I feel, that, in the interest of full disclosure---I need to confess that I am one big cry baby. I swear, it has been one of my best coping mechanisms.

I have the angry cry, the melancholy cry, the week-end long cry, etc....

I just don't want to come acoss as "Pious Mary Red Shoes".
I can't stand pious people......lol

dandylion
Old 04-02-2015, 04:57 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

You haven't done anything wrong, Dandy.
I'm just pissed and have a hard time handling rejection of any kind.
I mean I couldn't even get an interview!
And I'm just so pissed at AH. I asked him and asked him to just send her a text and tell her something like "hey, my wife put in an application, her name is and she's really interested in the job/humane society" surely that would have gotten me at least put into the "interview" pile! But could he do that????? Of course not. And when I told him tonight about not even getting an interview, he said "you don't think because I didn't....." I interrupted him and yelled at him "of course it would have made a difference! Of course it would have, it's how the world works!"
I think I'm getting real worn down and tired of this whole situation. This job was the definitive answer to me really getting out of this mess. I applied to two other jobs last week the same day and haven't heard from them yet.

I guess I'm not being real rational, but damn it, I want to just beat the heck out of AH and have a huge desire the break things. Which isn't really like how I usually cope.

I'm just so worn out and tired of so much bad.
I need a break, something to go right.

I don't know. Just rambling now I guess.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:01 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

The whole thing is hard for me anyhow, putting myself out there.
Being judged on how I look, my facial deformity, who wants to hire someone
For their company that people stare at and talk about?
It's just hard for me all around, new jobs, new people....

Gonna call it a night and go to bed. Maybe tomorrow will be better.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:04 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Location: My mind wanders a lot, but I try to stay in the present.
Pink honey, you didn't want that dumb stupid job anyway. It would have made you miserable. Rumor has it the boss is not only incompetent, but insane. Insane I tell you! And the animals... don't even get me started on the animals. A bunch of dogs trying to be your best friend. Never respecting your privacy. So needy. And the cats. Oh dear lord the cats just stare at you like there God's gift to the animal world. Like you're no better than a dog!

Pffffft. Stupid dumb job.

(Hope that makes you feel better.)
Old 04-02-2015, 05:08 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Nite pink-

love ya girlie, hang in there. I'll be sending good vibes in your direction.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:09 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Location: My mind wanders a lot, but I try to stay in the present.
Being judged on how I look, my facial deformity, who wants to hire someone
For their company that people stare at and talk about?
It's just hard for me all around, new jobs, new people....

Gonna call it a night and go to bed. Maybe tomorrow will be better.
Pink, we posted at the same time. This is really hurting you and I would hate for you to think that I was making light of it.

I really do believe, though, that you may be over thinking it. Some jobs are very popular. I think this probably is one of those.

Go easy on yourself, hon. This isn't easy for anyone. We're here for you every step of the way.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:14 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Being judged...
On this part, many of us can relate on many levels. Been there, done that. Seems to be a fairly common codependent trait. Thankfully, it does improve with our own active recovery.

Having emotions about this is a good thing. Sleep well, pinkpeony. Tomorrow is a new day.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:46 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Pink, I know how it feels. I moved back to my hometown when I married the second husband. I left my job as a prosecutor with 10 years of experience. I interviewed for jobs with like 4 DA's Offices, and got not one job offer. I was willing to start at a law school grad's salary because I was still getting familiar with the law in a different state. No go. The day I was rejected for the last one--which was the one I REALLY wanted, and I even had a connection in the office--I cried. By then the husband had gone back to drinking, he had lost his job and I was getting desperate. I wound up taking a job with a legal research company, which I HATED, but it paid the bills.

Incidentally, that legal research job was one I found through a temp agency, and a few months later I was hired full time. Lousy salary, but it came with full benefits, so I was VERY grateful.

Job hunting is one of the most discouraging things there is, but you gotta be willing to do what you gotta do, and eventually, the good job WILL find you.

Hugs,
Old 04-02-2015, 06:37 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

I'm a boss and I interview and hire people all the time. I would hire someone with a facial deformity, I have. She was qualified and bright,

I get your anger... I do, my latest prayers have been telling the universe off, for job reasons. So I'll think positive thoughts for you.

What I didn't want was for you to do what I do, which is the "everything is wrong with me" thinking, your face has nothing to do with this.

Sending you a hug.