is this normal guy behavior?

Old 04-01-2015, 12:19 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

He says that these men acted this way because they were weaklings.
OK babe, that right there raises so many red flags in my mind that it's like a flippin' May 1 parade on the Red Square in Communist China.

He sees men who respected you as weaklings?

Yeah, I don't care how many good sides he has. That's super ultra creepy.
Old 04-01-2015, 12:20 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

He says that these men acted this way because they were weaklings
Said the alcoholic..........who's everything must first come out of a bottle.

Now, I'm treated like, at my age I'm expected to just give in. The respect is gone, because I'm no longer in my 20s. I'm the same person, though.
Who expects you to just give in? you? who tells you such thing?

I'm kind of lost with the whole being respected by older guys in your 20's YET they didn't stick around to allow you to be ambitious and discover yourself. And these older guys only respect girls in their 20's???? like now that you are no longer in your 20's they lost respect for you??? I'm lost with that train of thought.

The woman I know who settle for less then did it for the simple sake of saying they are married...........they are the most miserable and unhappy woman I know in loveless marriages pretending to the world that everyyhing is just find while dead on the inside.
Old 04-01-2015, 12:36 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by carmen303 View Post
Now, I'm treated like, at my age I'm expected to just give in. The respect is gone, because I'm no longer in my 20s.
No, no . . . it is all about the attitude. Chin up. It is not what they expect, it is what you accept.

And besides, I think that there is something super attractive in mature ladies, women who went through life and know what they want. Now, if that intimidates some men, they are weaklings indeed.

I wish I had this brain when I was in my 20s, BTW
Old 04-01-2015, 03:47 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

The weakling comment got my attention too.

Seems to shed quite a bit of light on his character, or I should say lack of character.

Kind of sounds like a block bully to me.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:48 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Yea the weakling comment kinda reminds me of someone who is insecure and so must put others down to build himself up...

Why diss someone having respected you in the past??? Perhaps bc he knows that's what a good man does and doubts / or knows he's not about to live up to THOSE standards...
Old 04-01-2015, 08:41 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

The minute you enter a relationship with an active addict the word normal cannot be used in any regard. They are users. He is using you. He cares only, ONLY for his DOC. Not you, his family, work, other friends etc. his needs, urges etc are all that matter and the rest of the world can burn in hell as long as he can get whatever his damaged brain wants in the moment. Any semblance of kindness, concern or friendship is manipulation to keep you hooked. The only "relationship" we have with them are built on our denial,excuses and those random bits of seeming normality. Run and don't look back