Here we go

Old 03-30-2015, 12:49 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I'm sure present company was excepted. "Some of my best friends are" and all that.

Just kidding. Lawyer humor, gotta love it.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:49 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
amberly...were you aware that Lexie is an attorney?

dandylion
I was not aware- but no hard feelings- I'm an attorney too :-) And I would never ever represent myself in divorce proceedings.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:50 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
Hey! I resemble that remark!
Me too :-)
Old 03-30-2015, 12:54 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Originally Posted by amberly View Post
I was not aware- but no hard feelings- I'm an attorney too :-) And I would never ever represent myself in divorce proceedings.
I did, the second time (no kids, no joint property, the few debts we had I gladly took as the price of freedom). Easy-peasy. The first time my ex and I agreed on EVERYTHING, we worked it out so his lawyer drafted the agreement (his lawyer was cheaper than mine, and one of his AA friends), my lawyer looked it over and suggested minor changes, and we split the total fees. Never had a hitch with either one.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:57 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I did, the second time (no kids, no joint property, the few debts we had I gladly took as the price of freedom). Easy-peasy. The first time my ex and I agreed on EVERYTHING, we worked it out so his lawyer drafted the agreement (his lawyer was cheaper than mine, and one of his AA friends), my lawyer looked it over and suggested minor changes, and we split the total fees. Never had a hitch with either one.
You are a lot stronger than I am. I can't even say the D word out loud without the water works turning on. My AH can't hear the word without a few tears of his own. But I can't even wax my own eyebrows- I need a neutral willing to say one, two , three- rip for that too.
Old 03-30-2015, 02:21 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Sounds like a plan, Fran! That sounds VERY reasonable. Sleep on it, but it sounds as if it could be relatively painless.
It should be painless. The hardest thing is not talking to AH, and then he is oh so surprised when I do things.We have not spoken a word since he came back, and maybe it is better that way.

Now I look for the place to move to, then I figure out how to pay the taxes. And as soon as I get the money, I'll get this thing going. Before then, keep detaching, not making waves, and not provoking AH.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:55 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Originally Posted by healthyagain View Post
It should be painless. The hardest thing is not talking to AH, and then he is oh so surprised when I do things.We have not spoken a word since he came back, and maybe it is better that way.

Now I look for the place to move to, then I figure out how to pay the taxes. And as soon as I get the money, I'll get this thing going. Before then, keep detaching, not making waves, and not provoking AH.
Very sensible. This isn't the time to score points. What's that saying about keeping your ammo dry?
Do your tax authorities set up plans for payment if requested?
Old 03-30-2015, 07:16 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Yeah, there is an option to set up plans and negotiating is possible, but it is always best to pay everything on time, or as much as you can. They do impose penalties (interest rates, etc.). That money has never been mine, so I was just saving it for the government. *snif* April 15th is the deadline, so that is the next thing on my plate. And looking for apartments is free.