So here's the thing I contacted him.

Old 06-09-2015, 03:41 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

You are right AnvilH. Men who do this are just boy-sluts, probably just a cross addiction with many of them. My ex had a habit of trolling for "dates" on Craigslist anytime we'd break up for more than 72 hrs. He claimed none of them ever answered his replies though he sent them a stunning portraits of his friend John Thomas. Only fair since "Funclara4you" sent a picture of her naughty pillows. Classy! I'm almost sorry that they didn't meet. Sick birds of a feather that they were. I'd have saved myself a few months of chaos.

Gads. What was I thinking?
Old 12-01-2015, 04:37 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Im back

So I carried on seeing the functioning alcoholic till I could take no more and he got more and more selfish just silly things like not making me aa drink if he made one!
forgetfulness if anything due to being hungover
I was not at all addicted to sleeping with him It was the intermittent chicken effect that kept me hooked.
I ended it when he completely slept through the day he was going to cook for my birthday and forgot me.

The pain was so bad but not as bad as the first time he ended it then it was an immense ache inside and nothing would stop it not even anxiety meds.
After I ended it on my birthday in august he blocked me for 3 months and with the capability to ignore me and my pleas how I missed him.
Then when I gave up he contacted me and Im so addicted to this.
Isnt heroine bad for you yet people die due to the addiction.
people die from anorexia
To truly understand you need to be proper addicted and those who preach are the ones who get to the other side who reached rock bottom..
I feel he does love me yet he wants to push me away due to my intensity so Im leaving him alone till he contacts me.
Iam putting my healthy needs first and other priorities above him.
Thanks for listening I hope I find you all well.
Old 12-01-2015, 05:09 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I decided to look on the alcoholics forum a little and it is depression that seems to drive us
That is what drives them and us
I often feel down and lethargic and I get a little buzz even from eating a punnet of tomatoes
Ive been doing inner work for 31 years
It started with social phobia feeling nervous and an eating disorder Ive done inner child work and still ongoing
I could have undiagnosed bipolar or Aspergers and Im not looking for excuses and I see certain things run in families
Im not about to see a doctor as a label cures nothing and medication never helped.
Old 12-01-2015, 06:43 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Ive been reading more on the alcoholics board and Im beginning to have empathy I think my guy refuses to open up incase he feels vulnerable to me which is why he is forever running.
Maybe he sees me as selfish for wanting to see him.
Ive told him I care in a text and reminded him on sunday It is our 1 year anniversary I can do no more.
He must fight for me now.
Old 12-01-2015, 08:33 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

so Im leaving him alone till he contacts me

and THEN what? why give him that power over you?
the only way to break an addiction is to STOP using....or in this case, STOP contact with your "source" permanently.

with all the advances in medicines and treatments/therapies to deal with CORE issues - i'm talking yours not his - perhaps you should think a bit more about truly investing in YOUR recovery and seeking help for your anxiety and any other issues. you won't be LABELED, you will be DIAGNOSED. and can then work on a plan to seek relief. you deserve that!!!!
Old 12-01-2015, 08:41 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Im not about to see a doctor as a label cures nothing and medication never helped

Oh really? You base that on.....what?

I have lived with an undiagnosed bipolar (HELL ON EARTH), I don't beg to differ, I'll tell you you are flat out wrong. A diagnosis is the first step in getting better.

Iam putting my healthy needs first and other priorities above him.
No you aren't. You are sitting beside the phone waiting to hear from him. Since he hasn't contacted you now you have broke your own boundary and contacted him. There is nothing for him to fight for. You are readily available on whatever terms he dictates to you.

Have you ever been to Al Anon? I think it could be immense help for you.
Old 12-01-2015, 08:58 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

There is nothing for him to fight for. You are readily available on whatever terms he dictates to you.

^^^^^
POW!! Thank you for that line Red!
Old 12-01-2015, 12:22 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Ive already been treated for anxiety and if I hadnt tried 30 different pills already.
I stopped all pills 4 half years ago.
They dont work and infact made me worse.
yes I have an addiction and he must love the power yet Ive not hit rock bottom
How much more pain must I endure
It doesnt matter what I do the addiction goes on
I just want it to end peacefully
Old 12-01-2015, 12:28 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

you are all right
I just have this pull inside me
craving longing.
maybe Al anon could help.
Old 12-02-2015, 11:39 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hi Eyeoftheholder.

Have you investigated CoDa at all? It might be worth looking into. If there are no meetings near you it would be worth getting a copy of their handbook - it has some very helpful stuff in there.

http://www.coda-uk.org/

BB x