Quick update from me....

Old 03-26-2015, 09:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Quick update from me....

Hi guys, things are moving along and going quite well. STBXAH and I had a mediation appointment on Friday. He showed up 20 mins late, reeked of alcohol, and was crazy angry to the point where I thought the lawyer was going to kick him out. She managed him quite well and we were able to negotiate the parenting plan, some financials, and various things that needed attention.

What was funny (well, not really funny) about the time there was that I was devoid of emotion. I have been so happy, I've lost 7 pounds without even trying, I love my new home, and I feel settled and at peace. XAH started screaming in the room, "Look at her. Just look at her. She has no emotion. What is wrong with you, woman?" Sigh....I was heartbroken for HIM, not for me. I truly have gotten past all my negative emotions from the divorce, I disengage as I need to, I handle things to the best of my ability, and I treat him with respect even if he can't do the same to me.

When we started talking about his pension, he got even angrier, though, and yelled, "Why don't you just keep picking the meat off my dead carcass?" Well, that one took the cake. Geez, I gave up my job at a company which offered a pension 16 years ago and he's fighting me on this? Anyway, all's good. We'll get it hammered out and I know that I am on the right path for me.

We're expecting things to be done by the middle of June, possibly early July. Keep your fingers crossed and keep me in your thoughts. It might be a bumpy ride, but I know I am equipped to handle it.

Life is good. Once things settle down and the divorce is final, I'll be looking for work and entering a new phase. Exciting but also scary, LOL.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=lizatola;5283390

When we started talking about his pension, he got even angrier, though, and yelled, "Why don't you just keep picking the meat off my dead carcass?" QUOTE]

LOL...being dramatic much?! I am amazed he acted that way in mediation! I would love to see what a judge would do with that!

I am glad you are doing good my friend. It sounds like you have found much deserved peace, what a great thing!

Many Hugs! XXX
Old 03-26-2015, 09:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm so happy for you in the peace you've found. It's sad that he is reacting like this, but not surprising.

You deserve so much of the beauty and goodness that life has to offer! It's wonderful to live in happiness and realize it doesn't depend others. Thanks for sharing and the inspiration. Prayers for you and your husband as this gets finalized. (((Hugs)))
Old 03-26-2015, 09:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing Liz.
Good to hear
Old 03-26-2015, 10:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

It's wonderful to hear you in such a good place, Liz!
Old 03-26-2015, 10:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You sound GREAT Liz!!! Keep it up!!
Old 03-26-2015, 10:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Woman, you sound like you're in an awesome place. I'm cheering for the new you!
Old 03-26-2015, 11:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

lizatola you give my great hope that peace will soon be mine also. I am feeling lighter everyday but I still have a divorce to get through but you give me hope that happiness is at the end of this chapter.
Old 03-26-2015, 11:55 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
A work in progress

lizatola v.2.0. Fresh out of beta release. Ready to take on the world.
Old 03-26-2015, 12:07 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Liz, you sound incredible! I hear you on the weight loss..i've lost weight w/o trying too with my AH being away the last 3 months.
Things will just keep getting better. way to go!
Old 03-26-2015, 12:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Gosh you sound so good I am very happy for you!
Old 03-26-2015, 12:43 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Yah!!! I'm so happy for you!! I'm so glad that you found the strength and follow through to be true to yourself! Hugs!
Old 03-26-2015, 01:30 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
lizatola v.2.0. Fresh out of beta release. Ready to take on the world.
ROFLOL! That was so funny I almost spit my juice out! You have no idea! Word got out that I was on the market (or so people think) and I've had some men show interest. I actually have a date on Sunday and I've made it clear that I am not looking for a new relationship, just expanding my social circle and looking to relax and enjoy life. I went out with a friend of mine last week, too, and we had a nice time although neither of us are in a place where we want a relationship. It's just nice to be friends with men and know that I can control the pace and the level of intimacy or friendship, etc.

I also know that this newfound freedom phase will slow down and I will settle in to a different single life. I know it will not be easy, I am not looking for easy. I am looking for satisfaction in reaching my goals, in taking responsibility for myself, and in getting healthier emotionally and spiritually. Life is good!
Old 03-26-2015, 01:41 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Yah! Life IS good, isn't it?

I am so excited for you! Have a blast this Sunday!!!!
Old 03-26-2015, 03:21 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

There really should be an Oscars ceremony for addicts. Hollywood's got nothing on our qualifiers.

You sound SO GOOD, Liz. It's about time you took care of you. This is a good look on you.
Old 03-26-2015, 04:15 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

So happy for you.
You are an inspiration to others.
Old 03-26-2015, 05:49 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rosiepetal View Post
So happy for you.
You are an inspiration to others.
Thank you Rosiepetal!! I'm truly enjoying my life today and it's amazing how it was just a few months ago when I was still living with active alcoholism. I swear it feels like it was years ago because we've settled right into a new normal and a new life pretty easily. I know I will have ups and downs in the future but I am so grateful that my life is turning around right now and that I just 'feel' better. I still have to co-parent with an alcoholic, I still have to go through the full divorce with him, I still get crazy texts from him that make no sense, but the physical separation and just having time to be me and be alone has been so very worth it!
Old 03-26-2015, 06:06 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Wow.

You're sounding great. . .so glad for you Liz
Old 03-26-2015, 06:18 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

You are so strong! Glad things are moving along and that you are feeling positive!!!
Old 03-30-2015, 08:04 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

This makes my heart smile, my friend! I am so, so happy for you guys!