Back to the music....

Old 03-25-2015, 07:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back to the music....

Hey All- Haven't been on here in awhile and I wanted to share my hopeful story and update...

My AEXBF got me into country music and we went to a lot of country shows together thanks to my job always providing free tickets.

Last night was my first show since our break up and let me say it was the most liberating experience. Not having to take care of someone drunk, counting how many drinks he had, worrying about him embarrassing me was just a relief. I could just enjoy the show without a worry in the world. So excited that I can feel like myself again. I haven't enjoyed myself that much in months!

To those reading this, there is a light at the end of the tunnel... there are much much brighter days ahead!
Old 03-25-2015, 07:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Hi Holly, your post really struck me because you've described how I feel now, as a sober A. When I go out I can just relax and enjoy myself without worrying about how much I'm drinking, whether I can have another, should I drive etc.

Glad you're enjoying your show unbothered by his behaviour. Are you a performer?
Old 03-25-2015, 08:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Awesome!!!!!! It's so nice to go out and not wonder how long it's going to take for them to implode!
Old 03-25-2015, 04:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Feelinggreat- congrats on your recovery. So happy for you! So glad it works both ways... and no I work in radio