Veiled message in a dream

Old 03-22-2015, 11:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Veiled message in a dream

Had a dream last night about my husband's uncle who was a big part of the family and who lived with his sister (my MIL) but who was kicked out by her when he started drinking and drugging. He wound up in Florida and we've pretty much lost contact with him.

Had a dream last night that he was being executed. I was in line with a bunch of people who were going to witness their loved ones' executions. (There were going to be about 15-20 of them on this one day.)

We were all waiting to get clearance and enter the execution chamber back room, and I didn't have any ID with me. So they told me that I had to go home and get my ID.

I felt a great sense of urgency to get my ID and then go back, only because I felt it would be so sad to see someone die alone with no one to be with them.

Not sure if it means anything at all. "R"AH is doing fine--almost 90 days without drinking. But the "R" in quotation marks means that I can't call him recovering at this point. He had a knee issues coinciding with his newly-found sobriety, and now, I fear he's becoming addicted to pain killers. He admitted that of the 90 days he's been dry, 60 of them he's been on painkillers. He is trying to determine what has been therapeutic use and what has been recreational use, and I fear that the balance is not tipped in his favor at this point.

So, is AH Uncle J? When I have to go back for my ID, does that mean I have to find myself first, and then after all, I may still be too late? Is AH on "Death Row"--either literally or figuratively?

Just wondering. It was an interesting dream.
Old 03-22-2015, 04:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

When I have to go back for my ID, does that mean I have to find myself first,
That's what it sounds like to me. good interpretation.

I think dreams tell us a lot, if we pay attention to them.
Old 03-22-2015, 08:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Solo Mio, sounds like you're good at interpreting dreams. I've found them very helpful for me in the past, as long as I don't take them too literally.