Setback ...

Old 03-18-2015, 05:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Setback ...

I've been doing okay with the break up with my AXBF for the past few weeks, even refraining from initiating contact with him. However, I'm guilty of responding. Yesterday, he messaged me asking how my sick family member is doing and then today he messaged asking what we should do about the weekend getaway that we had booked for early April. He called to cancel the reservation and I decided that because it was a gift from his father and step-mother, they would be getting it back. Although I already knew that the trip wouldn't be happening, I allowed the whole discussion to make me fall apart. I'm right back to where I was a month ago.

I kind of unleashed and told him that I don't want to be strung along and that I hope he's actually working on the things he said needed to be worked on aka the reasons for the break up. He says that he's been drinking "much, much less," that he's just trying to be happy and that this hasn't been easy for him. I'm beating myself up right now for allowing myself to fall apart again...
Old 03-18-2015, 05:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Don't be too hard on yourself. This happens. Now you are a little wiser, maybe next time you will resist responding. No new contact = no new hurts.
Old 03-18-2015, 05:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

MB- its ok. Its kind of like an a going off the wagon. We fall one day and get back up on the horse.

You learned what you did wrong, you engaged. We all need to learn to keep our mouths shut (especially me) but you realized what you did and you will do better the next time!!

(((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))